- Dual Buck Plus Single Boost Synchronous Controllers
- Wide Bias Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 38V
- Outputs Remain in Regulation Through Cold Crank Down to a 2.5V Input Supply Voltage
- Buck Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 24V
- Boost Output Voltage Up to 60V
- Low Operating IQ: 28μA (One Channel On)
- RSENSE or DCR Current Sensing
- 100% Duty Cycle for Boost Synchronous MOSFET Even in Burst Mode® Operation
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (320kHz to 2.25MHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (320kHz to 2.25MHz)
- Very Low Buck Dropout Operation: 98% Duty Cycle
- Small 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
The LTC7815 is a high performance triple output (buck/buck/boost) synchronous DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel power MOSFET stages. Constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable switching frequency of up to 2.25MHz. The LTC7815 operates from a wide 4.5V to 38V input supply range. When biased from the output of the boost converter or another auxiliary supply, the LTC7815 can operate from an input supply as low as 2.5V after start-up.
The 28μA no-load quiescent current extends operating runtime in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC7815 features a precision 0.8V reference for the bucks, 1.2V reference for the boost and a power good output indicator. The PLLIN/MODE pin selects among Burst Mode operation, pulse-skipping mode, or continuous inductor current mode at light loads.
- Automotive Always-On and Start-Stop Systems
- Battery Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- Multioutput Buck-Boost Applications
Demonstration circuit 2738A is a triple output synchronous step-up/dual step-down supply featuring the LTC®7815. The demonstration circuit is designed for two buck 5V/8A, 3.3V/8A outputs supplied by a boost 10V/7A output. Benefiting from this feature, the buck outputs are able to maintain regulation over a wide input voltage range of 4.5V to 36V which is suitable for automotive or other battery fed applications. Also, the demonstration circuit uses a drop-in layout that the main buck circuit components fit in an area of three-quarter inches by 1.5 inches, while the main boost circuit area is three-quarter inches by 1.75 inches. The package style for the LTC7815 is a 38-pin exposed pad QFN.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.