- AN-1291: Digital Potentiometers: Frequently Asked Questions (pdf, 805 kB)
- AN-686: I2C®リセットの追加 (pdf, 288 kB)
- AN-686: Implementing an I2C® Reset (pdf, 44 kB)
(pdf, 325 kB)
AN-582: Resolution Enhancements of Digital Potentiometers with Multiple Devices
(pdf, 135 kB)
Digital Potentiometers Can Be Paralleled, Stacked or Cascaded to Optimize Resolution.
- AN-580: 0: Programmable Oscillator Uses Digital Potentiometers (pdf, 52 kB)
- 6-Bit Controller
- Adjustable Current Source for Driving Multiple LEDs
- Adjustable Current Source for Driving Single LED
- Adjustable Voltage Source for Driving LED
- After the specified EEMEM data retention timeout period, can the power be turned off and back on so that the part is considered "refreshed"?
- Are ADI's digital potentiometers suitable for use in photodetector amplifiers and will they suffer from leakage currents which could affect the gain of the circuit?
- Are all digital potentiometers limited to |5V|?
- Are PB-free digital potentiometers available?
- Are there any evaluation boards for the digital potentiometers?
- Audio Amplifier Volume Control
- Audio Volume Control
- Automatic LED Brightness Control
- Bipolar DAC with EEPROM
- Bipolar Programmable Gain Amplifier
- Can a digipot be used to construct a programmable high current source?
- Can a digitally controlled variable resistor withstand greater than 20mA?
- Can digital potentiometers do log taper adjustment?
- Can I achieve a 15V signal swing when using a 5V digital potentiometer?
- Can I adjust the digital potentiometer for frequencies around 1MHz to 10MHz for adjusting the gain of a video signal?
- Can I cascade, serialize, or parallel multiple digital potentiometers to get the resistance or resolution I need? My requirement is for a 250 Ω digital potentiometer with approximately 1 Ω/step. I plan to use four 1 kΩ AD8403 in parallel with each set to nominally the same value.
- Can I program two channels of a multi-channel digital potentiometer at the same time?
- Can I read back the contents of the two RDAC registers of AD5242 or AD5282 (dual I2C compatible digital potentiometer)?
- Can I read back the wiper setting of the digital potentiometers?
- Can I use the new PB-free DigiPOTs in my traditional solder based PCB assembly process?
- Digital Feedthrough
- Do digital potentiometers handle bipolar and AC operations?
- Do you provide any software to control the digital potentiometers?
- Does the memory allow the device to return to the last stored value without an update from a micro?
- For a digital potentiometer that requires 12-bit word length, how can I control with only 8-bit word length from my micro?
- For a digital potentiometer that requires 6-bit word length, what happens if I have 8-bit word length from my PC?
- For digital potentiometers that do not have nonvolatile memory, what is the state during power up?
- For dual supply digital potentiometers, if VDD/VSS are +2.5V/-2.5V respectively, can digital inputs be fed from a standard 3.3V CMOS logic component without logic level translation? What are the logic level thresholds when VDD is +2.5V and VSS is -2.5V?
- High Power RGB LEDs Driver
- High Voltage DAC
- How do I daisy-chain multiple potentiometers? How does the serial interface work for multiple AD8403's when there are still only two address bits? Are there multiple /CS lines, one for each individual chip?
- How do I tell the end-to-end RAB resistance value?
- How good is the resistance matching between Ch1 and Ch2 in the dual digital potentiometer?
- How is the resistance matching device to device?
- How is the THD performance of digital potentiometer?
- How many write cycles can the EEMEM go through before it fails?
- I would like to know how the digital potentiometer is built. How ideal are the wiper switches?
- I'm unsure about how to use pin 13 write protect (/WP), pin 14 preset (/PR), and pin 16 ready (RDY)?
- If I program Ch 1 from zero to full scale, will I expect Ch 2 to be disturbed?
- If I use the digital potentiometer in a "dry" circuit (current through wiper < 1 pA), will it behave as a linear resistor in rheostat mode?
- If I use the digital potentiometer in audio volume control, will I experience zipper noise?
- Is digital potentiometer a real replacement for mechanical potentiometer or are there restrictions regarding voltage potentials?
- Is there a dependency between the logic level and power consumption?
- Is there a digital potentiometer controlled by a parallel input?
- Is there a particularly low-power digital potentiometer?
- Is there a power up sequence I should follow?
- Is there crosstalk between Ch1 and Ch2 of a dual digital potentiometer such that a sine wave applied to Ch1 will occur in Ch2 as well?
- Laser Bias and Modulation Current Biasing
- LCD Panel VCOM Adjustment
- Level Shifting Digital Inputs from 3.3V to 5V or Vice Versa
- Level Shifting Digital Signals from 0V to +5V to -5V to 0V
- Manual Push Button LED Driver
- Manual Rotary Control
- Multiple I2C Slave Devices Addressing
- O1, O2, SDOピンの処理方法
- Programmable 5-30V Power Supply
- Programmable Bidirectional Current Source
- Programmable Current-Sensing Amplifier
- Programmable LDO with Precision
- Programmable Low Pass Filter
- Programmable Oscillator
- Programmable State-Variable Filter
- Pseudo Memory Retention
- Pwr Dissとは？
- Regarding the spec on R-DNL, I am only concerned with relative adjustments. I'm not concerned with the actual value of the resistor in the digipot but need the digipot to be monotonic.
- Resolution Enhancement
- Voltage-to-Current Conversion
- What are the common failure modes of digital potentiometers?
- What is the ESD rating of digital potentiometers?
- What is the maximum current I can force into the digital potentiometer?
- What is the maximum frequency that can be applied to the digital potentiometer CLK input?
- What is the resistance tolerance of the digital potentiometers?
- What is the tempco of the digital potentiometer?
- What should I watch out for when I replace mechanical potentiometers with digital potentiometers?
- Why are some digital potentiometers' maximum operating temperature only 85°C instead of the standard 125°C?
- Why Should I replace mechanical potentiometers with digiPOT?
- Will the data in the EEMEM need to be refreshed after 15 yrs when it is operated at 55°C?