Features and Benefits
- Large, triple 16 × 5 high speed, nonblocking switch array
- Pin compatible with AD8175, AD8176 (16 × 9 switch arrays) and AD8177 (16 × 5 switch array)
- Differential or single-ended operation
- Supports sync-on common-mode and sync-on color operating modes
- RGB and HV outputs available for driving monitor directly
- G = +4 operation (differential input to differential output)
- Flexible power supplies: +5 V or ±2.5 V Logic ground for convenient control interface
- Serial or parallel programming of switch array
- High impedance output disable allows connection of multiple devices with minimal loading on output bus
- Adjustable output CM and black level through external pins
- Excellent ac performance Bandwidth: 450 MHz Slew rate: 1650 V/μs Settling time: 4 ns to 1% to support 1600 × 1200 @ 85Hz
- Low power of 2.3 W
Product DetailsThe AD8178 is a high speed, triple 16 × 5 video crosspoint switch matrix. It supports 1600 × 1200 RGB displays @ 85 Hz refresh rate, by offering a 450 MHz bandwidth and a slew rate of 1650 V/μs. With −82 dB of crosstalk and −90 dB isolation (@ 5 MHz), the AD8178 is useful in many high speed video applications.
The AD8178 supports two modes of operation: differential-in to differential-out mode with sync-on CM signaling passed through the switch and differential-in to differential-out mode with CM signaling removed through the switch. The output CM and black level can be conveniently set via external pins.
The outputs can be used single-ended in conjunction with decoded H and V outputs to drive a monitor directly.
The independent output buffers of the AD8178 can be placed into a high impedance state to create larger arrays by paralleling crosspoint outputs. Inputs can be paralleled as well. The AD8178 offers both serial and a parallel programming modes.
The AD8178 is packaged in a fully-populated 26 × 26 ball PBGA package and is available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- RGB video switching
- Professional video
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD8175 and AD8176 are high speed, triple 16 × 9 video crosspoint switch matrixes with a gain of 2 and 4, respectively. Both the AD8175 and AD8176 support 1600 × 1200 RGB displays at a 85 Hz refresh rate. The AD8175 has a 500 MHz bandwidth, 1800 V/μs slew rate, −88 dB crosstalk, and −94 dB isolation (at 5 MHz). The AD8176 has a 450 MHz bandwidth, 1650 V/μs slew rate, −82 dB crosstalk, and −90 dB isolation (at 5 MHz).
The AD8177 and AD8178 have the same specifications as the AD8175 and AD8176, respectively, but are 16 × 5 video crosspoint switch matrixes.
The AD8175, AD8176, AD8177, and AD8178 support two modes of operation: differential in to differential out mode with sync on common-mode (CM) signaling passed through the switch, and differential in to differential out mode with CM signaling removed through the switch. The output CM and black level can be conveniently set via external pins. The outputs can be single ended in conjunction with decoded H and V outputs to drive a monitor directly.
The independent output buffers of the AD8175, AD8176, AD8177, and AD8178 can be placed into a high impedance state to create larger arrays by paralleling the crosspoint outputs. The inputs can also be paralleled. The AD8175, AD8176, AD8177, and AD8178 offer both serial and parallel programming modes.
The AD8175/AD8176/AD8177/AD8178 are packaged in a fully populated, 26 × 16 ball PBGA package and are available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
The user guide UG-890 provides all of the supporting documents for evaluating the AD8175/AD8176/AD8177/AD8178 using the AD8175-EVALZ/AD8176-EVALZ/AD8177-EVALZ/AD8178-EVALZ evaluation board. Additional information is available in the AD8175, AD8176, AD8177, and AD8178 data sheets, which should be consulted in conjunction with UG-890 when working with the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full-featured evaluation board for the AD8175/AD8176/AD8177/AD8178
- Supports both single-ended and differential inputand output
- Supports RGBHV signal
- Drives SMA and CAT5 cables
- Decoded HV sync outputs available
- Single +5 V or dual ±2.5 V operation
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.