Features and Benefits
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single Supply
- 5 Ω (maximum) on resistance
- 0.75 Ω (typical) on resistance flatness
- Automotive temperature range:
−40°C to +125°C
- –3 dB bandwidth > 200 MHz
- Rail-to-rail operation
- 6-lead SC70 package
- Fast switching times
tON = 12 ns
tOFF = 6 ns
- Typical power consumption (< 0.01 μW)
- TTL/CMOS compatible
The ADG749 is a monolithic CMOS SPDT switch. This switch is designed on a submicron process that provides low power dissipation yet gives high switching speed, low on resistance, and low leakage currents.
The ADG749 can operate from a single-supply range of 1.8 V to 5.5 V, making it ideal for use in battery-powered instruments and with the new generation of DACs and ADCs from Analog Devices, Inc.
Each switch of the ADG749 conducts equally well in both directions when on. The ADG749 exhibits break-before-make switching action.<.p>
Because of the advanced submicron process, −3 dB bandwidths of greater than 200 MHz can be achieved.
The ADG749 is available in a 6-lead SC70 package.
- 1.8 V to 5.5 V Single-Supply Operation. The ADG749 offers high performance, including low on resistance and fast switching times, and is fully specified and guaranteed with 3 V and 5 V supply rails.
- Very Low RON (5 Ω Maximum at 5 V and 10 Ω Maximum at 3 V). At 1.8 V operation, RON is typically 40 Ω over the temperature range.
- Automotive Temperature Range: −40°C to +125°C.
- On Resistance Flatness (RFLAT(ON)) (0.75 Ω typical).
- −3 dB Bandwidth > 200 MHz.
- Low Power Dissipation. CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation.
- Fast tON/tOFF.
- Tiny, 6-lead SC70 Package.
- Battery-powered systems
- Communication systems
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Audio signal routing
- Video switching
- Mechanical reed relay replacement
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPE, which is powered by SIMetrix/SIMPLIS, is a circuit simulation suite optimized for the design and development of analog and mixed signal circuits. SIMetrix mode is ideal for the simulation of general non-switching circuits. It provides full Pspice compatibility for use with industry-standard SPICE models. SIMPLIS (SIMulation Piecewise-Linear System) mode simulates the operation of switching circuits with vastly improved robustness, speed, and accuracy compared to standard SPICE. It is particularly useful for switching power supply, PLLs, and ADC/DAC applications.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.