Features and Benefits
- Latch-up immune under all circumstances
- Human body model (HBM) ESD rating: 8 kV
- Low on resistance (6.5 Ω)
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- 48 V supply maximum ratings
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
Product DetailsThe ADG5401 is a monolithic industrial CMOS analog switch containing a latch-up immune single-pole/single-throw (SPST) switch. The switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and has an input signal range that extends to the power supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The ultralow on resistance and on-resistance flatness of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and gain switching applications, where low distortion is critical. The latch-up immune construction, and high ESD rating, makes these switches more robust in harsh environments.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench
separates the P and N channel transistors thereby preventing
latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Low RON.
- Dual-supply operation. For applications where the analog
signal is bipolar, the ADG5401 can be operated from dual
supplies up to ±22 V.
- Single-supply operation. For applications where the analog
signal is unipolar, the ADG5401 can be operated from a
single-rail power supply up to 40 V.
- 3 V logic compatible digital inputs: VINH = 2.0 V, VINL = 0.8 V.
- No VL logic power supply required.
- Available in 8-lead MSOP package.
- High voltage signal routing
- Automatic test equipment
- Analog front-end circuits
- Precision data acquisition
- Amplifier gain select
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Relay replacement
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-8MSOPEBZ is the evaluation board for the 8 lead MSOP devices in the switch/mux portfolio which are to be purchased separately. A clamp is supplied with the board so that the device can be secured to the board without the need for soldering. This makes the board reusable for multiple devices.
The device can be clamped or soldered to the center of the evaluation board. Each pin of the device is broke out to a link that can be set to either VDD or GND and a wire screw terminal is provided to supply VDD and GND. SMB connectors are on the board allow for additional external signals to be supplied to the device. In addition, there is space at the top of the board available for prototyping.
Full specifications of the device under test are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 8 lead MSOP evaluation board
- Clamp to allow the main device to be changed easily
- Gold pin connectors to allow the addition of passive components
- SMB connectors for the input/output of signals
- Additional space on board to allow for prototyping
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.