Features and Benefits
- 44 V supply maximum rating
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Single-/dual-supply specifications
- Wide supply range: 10.8 V to 16.5 V
- Extended plastic temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Low power dissipation: 28 mW maximum
- Low leakage: 20 pA typical
- Available in 16-lead DIP/SOIC and 20-lead PLCC/LCC packages
- Superior alternative to
The ADG508A and ADG509A are CMOS monolithic analog multiplexers with eight channels and dual four channels, respectively. The ADG508A switches one of eight inputs to a common output, depending on the state of three binary addresses and an enable input. The ADG509A switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output, depending on the state of two binary addresses and an enable input. Both devices have TTL and 5 V CMOS logic-compatible digital inputs.
The ADG508A and ADG509A are designed on an enhanced LC2MOS process that gives an increased signal capability of VSS to VDD and enables operation over a wide range of supply voltages. The devices can comfortably operate anywhere in the 10.8 V to 16.5 V single- or dual-supply range. These multiplexers also feature high switching speeds and low RON.
- Single-/Dual-Supply Specifications with a Wide Tolerance. The devices are specified in the 10.8 V to 16.5 V range for both single and dual supplies.
- Extended Signal Range. The enhanced LC2MOS processing results in a high breakdown and an increased analog signal range of VSS to VDD.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Low Leakage. Leakage currents in the range of 20 pA make these multiplexers suitable for high precision circuits.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (4)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.