The ADG438F switches one of eight inputs to a common output as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines, A0, A1, and A2. The ADG439F switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output as determined by the 2-bit binary address lines, A0 and A1. An EN input on each device is used to enable or disable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched off.
- Fault Protection. The ADG438F and ADG439F can with-stand continuous voltage inputs up to −40 V or +55 V. When a fault occurs due to the power supplies being turned off, all the channels are turned off and only a leakage current of a few nanoamperes flows.
- On channel saturates while fault exists.
- Low RON.
- Fast Switching Times.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Trench Isolation Eliminates Latch-Up. A dielectric trench separates the p-channel and n-channel MOSFETs thereby preventing latch-up.
- Improved Off Isolation. Trench isolation enhances the channel-to-channel isolation of the ADG438F/ADG439F.
- Data acquisition systems
- Industrial and process control systems
- Avionics test equipment
- Signal routing between systems
- High reliability control systems
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide
Switches and Multiplexers Product Selection Guide
Data-acquisition system uses fault protection
By Catherine Redmond, Analog Devices, Inc. (EDN, 4/15/2004)
CMOS Switches Offer High Performance in Low Power, Wideband Applications
by Theresa Corrigan and Ray Goggin, Analog Devices, Inc. (High Frequency Electronics, February 2004)
Temperature monitor measures three thermal zones
by Susan Pratt, Analog Devices, Inc. (EDN, 12/11/03)
Enhanced Multiplexing for MEMS Optical Cross Connects
by James Caffrey (Fiberoptic Product News, 8/2003)
Winning the Battle Against Latchup in CMOS Analog Switches
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.