Features and Benefits
- Complete acceleration measurement system on a single monolithic IC
- Available ±35g, ±50g, or ±70g output full-scale ranges
- Full differential sensor and circuitry for high resistance to EMI/RFI
- Environmentally robust packaging
- Complete mechanical and electrical self-test on digital command
- Output ratiometric to supply
- Sensitive axis in the plane of the chip
- High linearity (0.2% of full-scale)
- Frequency response down to dc
- Low noise
- Low power consumption (1.3 mA)
- 400 Hz, 2-pole Bessel filter
The ADXL78 is a low power, complete single-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs that are on a single monolithic IC. This product measures acceleration with a full-scale range of ±35 g, ±50 g, or ±70 g (minimum). It can also measure both dynamic acceleration (vibration) and static acceleration (gravity).
The ADXL78 is the fourth-generation surface micromachined iMEMS® accelerometer from ADI with enhanced performance and lower cost. Designed for use in front and side impact airbag applications, this product also provides a complete cost-effective solution useful for a wide variety of other applications.
The ADXL78 is temperature stable and accurate over the automotive temperature range, with a self-test feature that fully exercises all the mechanical and electrical elements of the sensor with a digital signal applied to a single pin.
The ADXL78 is available in a 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm, 8-terminal ceramic LCC package.Applications
- Vibration Control and Monitoring
- Vehicle collision sensing
- Shock Detection
Product Lifecycle Last Time Buy
All products in this family will be obsolete soon. Please contact ADI Sales or Distributors to arrange for final purchases and read our Obsolescence Information to review the time periods for placing final orders and receiving final shipments.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.