Features and Benefits
- Hermetic package offers excellent long-term stability
- 0 g offset vs. temperature (all axes): 0.75 mg/°C maximum
- Ultralow noise density (all axes): 80 μg/√Hz
- Low power, VSUPPLY (LDO enabled)
- Measurement mode: 200 μA
- Standby mode: 21 μA
- Digital output features
- Digital serial peripheral interface (SPI)/I2C interfaces
- 20-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- Data interpolation routine for synchronous sampling
- Programmable high- and low-pass digital filters
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Voltage range options
- VSUPPLY with internal regulators: 2.25 V to 3.6 V
- V1P8ANA, V1P8DIG with internal low dropout regulator (LDO) bypassed: 1.8 V typical ± 10%
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 14-terminal, 6 mm × 6 mm × 2.1 mm, LCC package, 0.26 grams
The analog output ADXL356 and the digital output ADXL357 are low noise density, low 0 g offset drift, low power, 3-axis accelerometers with selectable measurement ranges. The ADXL356B supports the ±10 g and ±20 g ranges, the ADXL356C supports the ±10 g and ±40 g ranges, and the ADXL357 supports the ±10.24 g, ±20.48 g, and ±40.96 g ranges.
The ADXL356/ADXL357 offer industry leading noise, minimal offset drift over temperature, and long-term stability, enabling precision applications with minimal calibration.
Low drift, low noise, and low power ADXL357 enables accurate tilt measurement in an environment with high vibration, such as airborne IMUs. The low noise of the ADXL356 over higher frequencies is ideal for wireless condition monitoring.
The ADXL357 multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only for either the SPI or I2C interface.Applications
- Inertial measurement units (IMUs)/altitude and heading reference systems (AHRSs)
- Platform stabilization systems
- Structural health monitoring
- Seismic imaging
- Tilt sensing
- Condition monitoring
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADXL35x-Z are simple evaluation boards that allow quick evaluation of the performance of Analog Devices new series of low power, low noise, low drift 3-axis, MEMS accelerometers. The series consists of both analog and digital output devices, supporting a variety of Full Scale Ranges (FSR). The model descriptions are shown in the ordering guide below. These evaluation boards are ideal for evaluation of the ADXL35x accelerometer series in an existing system because the stiffness and the small size of the evaluation board minimize the effect of the board on both the system and acceleration measurements.
Features & Benefits
- 2 sets of spaced vias for populating 6-pin headers
- Easily attachable to prototyping board or PCB
- Small size and board stiffness minimize impact on the system being monitored and acceleration measurements
White Papers (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
Press Release (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.