Features and Benefits
- Single in plane axis accelerometer with analog output
- Linear frequency response range from dc to 11 kHz (3 dB point)
- Resonant frequency of 21 kHz
- Ultralow noise density
- 30 μg/√Hz in ±100 g range
- Overrange sensing plus dc coupling allows fast recovery time
- Complete electromechanical self-test
- Sensitivity performance
- Sensitivity stability over temperature 5%
- Linearity to ±0.1% of full-scale range
- Cross axis sensitivity ±1% (ZX), ±1% (YX),
- Single-supply operation
- Output voltage ratiometric to supply
- Low power consumption 1.0 mA
- Power saving standby operation mode with fast recovery
- RoHS compliant
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.80 mm LFCSP package
The ADXL1001/ADXL1002 deliver ultralow noise density over an extended frequency range with two full-scale range options, and are optimized for industrial condition monitoring. The ADXL1001 (±100 g) and the ADXL1002 (±50 g) have typical noise densities of 30 μg/√Hz and 25 μg/√Hz, respectively. Both accelerometer devices have stable and repeatable sensitivity, which is immune to external shocks up to 10,000 g.
The ADXL1001/ADXL1002 have an integrated full electrostatic self test (ST) function and an overrange (OR) indicator that allow advanced system level features and are useful for embedded applications. With low power and single-supply operation of 3.3 V to 5.25 V, the ADXL1001/ADXL1002 also enable wireless sensing product design. The ADXL1001/ ADXL1002 are available in a 5 mm × 5 mm × 1.80 mm LFCSP package, and are rated for operation over a −40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Condition monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- Asset health
- Test and measurement
- Health usage monitoring sytems (HUMS)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADXL1001Z and EVAL-ADXL1002Z are simple evaluation boards that allow users to quickly evaluate the performance of the ADXL1001 and ADXL1002 vibration sensors. The EVAL-ADXL1001Z and EVAL-ADXL1002Z are specifically designed to mount onto a mechanical shaker and are constructed of an extra thick printed circuit board (PCB), measuring 0.8 inches square. Screw holes are supplied for rigid mounting to the shaker block. This design allows users to evaluate the full performance range of the ADXL1001 or ADXL1002 vibration sensor without having to solder the device to a separate test board. A simple RC low-pass filter is provided at the output with a −3 dB bandwidth of about 20 kHz. Components can be replaced to allow users to implement their own application specific low-pass filter on the output of the device.
Full details on the microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) ADXL1001/ADXL1002 accelerometers are provided in the ADXL1001/ADXL1002 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., which must be consulted in conjunction with evaluation board user guide (UG-1121).
Features & Benefits
- 2 sets of spaced vias for populating 6-pin headers
- Easily attaches to prototyping board or PCB
- Small size and board stiffness minimizes impact on the user system and acceleration measurements
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.