Precision 300MHz to 7GHz RF Detector with Gain and Offset Adjustment
Features and Benefits
- Supports AM Modulation in EDGE/TDMA (ANSI-136) Applications
- Single Output RF Power Amplifier Control (LTC4403-1)
- Dual Output RF Power Amplifier Control (LTC4403-2)
- Internal Schottky Diode Detector with >40dB Range
- Wide Input Frequency Range: 300MHz to 2.4GHz
- Autozero Loop Cancels Offset Errors and Temperature Dependent Offsets
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 6V
- Allows Direct Connection to Battery
- RF Output Power Set by External DAC
- Internal Frequency Compensation
- Rail-to-Rail Power Control Outputs
- Low Operating Current: 1mA
- Low Shutdown Current: <10µA
- PCTL Input Filter
- Available in a 8-Pin MSOP Package (LTC4403-1) and 10-Pin MSOP (LTC4403-2)
The LTC4403-2 is a multiband RF power controller for RF power amplifiers operating in the 300MHz to 2.4GHz range. The LTC4403-2 has two outputs to control dual TX PA modules with two control inputs. An internal sample and hold circuit enables the LTC4403-2 to be used with AM modulation via the carrier or PA supply. The input voltage range is optimized for operation from a single lithium-ion cell or 3x NiMH.
RF power is controlled by driving the RF amplifier power control pins and sensing the resultant RF output power. The RF sense voltage is peak detected using an on-chip Schottky diode. This detected voltage is compared to the DAC voltage at the PCTL pin to control the output power.
The LTC4403-1 is a single output RF power controller with identical performance to the LTC4403-2. The LTC4403-1 has one output to control a single TX PA or dual TX PA module with a single control input and is available in an 8-pin MSOP package.
Internal and external offsets are cancelled over temperature by an autozero control loop. The shutdown feature disables the part and reduces the supply current to <10µA.
- Multiband GSM/GPRS/EDGE Cellular Telephones
- PCS Devices
- Wireless Data Modems
- U.S. TDMA Cellular Phones
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.