Precision 300MHz to 7GHz RF Detector with Gain and Offset Adjustment
Features and Benefits
- RF Power Amplifier Control in ThinSOT™ Package
- Internal Schottky Diode Detector with > 45dB Range
- Wide Input Frequency Range:
- 300MHz to 2.7GHz (LTC4401-1)
- 300MHz to 2GHz (LTC4401-2)
- Autozero Loop Cancels Offset Errors and Temperature Dependent Offsets
- Wide VCC Range: 2.7V to 6V
- Automatic Bandwidth Control Improves Low Power Ramp Response
- Allows Direct Connection to Battery
- RF Output Power Set by External DAC
- Internal Frequency Compensation
- Rail-to-Rail Power Control Output
- Power Control Signal Overvoltage Protection
- Low Operating Current: 1mA
- Low Shutdown Current: 10µA
- Two Pole PCTL Input Filtering
- Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) (LTC4401-1) and 8-Pin MSOP (LTC4401-2) Packages
The LTC4401-1 is a SOT-23 RF power controller for slow turn-on RF power amplifiers operating in the 300MHz to 2.7GHz range. The loop bandwidth is set at 250kHz to improve frequency stability when controlling slow turn-on RF power amplifiers such as the Conexant CX77301/CX77302, CX77304, CX77314, Anadigics AWT6107 and the RF Micro Devices RF3160.
RF power is controlled by driving the RF amplifier power control pins and sensing the resultant RF output power via a directional coupler. The RF sense voltage is peak detected using an on-chip Schottky diode. This detected voltage is compared to the DAC voltage at the PCTL pin to control the output power. The RF power amplifier is protected against high power control pin voltages.
Internal and external offsets are cancelled over temperature by an autozero control loop, allowing accurate low power programming. The shutdown feature disables the part and reduces the supply current to <10µA.
A dual control channel version (LTC4401-2) is also available in an 8-pin MSOP package.
- GSM/GPRS Cellular Telephones
- PCS Devices
- Wireless Data Modems
- U.S. TDMA Cellular Phones
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.