Features and Benefits
- Frequency Range: 5MHz to 1600MHz
- High Output IP3:
- +27.7dBm at 140MHz
- +22.9dBm at 900MHz
- Low Output Noise Floor at 6MHz Offset:
- No Baseband AC Input: –161.2dBm/Hz
- POUT = 5.5dBm: –160dBm/Hz
- Low LO Feedthrough: –55dBm at 140MHz
- High Image Rejection: –50.4dBc at 140MHz
- Integrated LO Buffer and LO Quadrature Phase Generator
- 50Ω Single-Ended LO and RF Ports
- >400MHz Baseband Bandwidth
- 24-Lead QFN 4mm × 4mm Package
- Pin-Compatible with Industry Standard Pin-Out
- Shut-down Mode
The LTC5598 is a direct I/Q modulator designed for high performance wireless applications, including wireless infrastructure. It allows direct modulation of an RF signal using differential baseband I and Q signals. It supports point-to-point microwave link, GSM, EDGE, CDMA, 700MHz band LTE, CDMA2000, CATV applications and other systems. It may also be conﬁgured as an image reject upconverting mixer, by applying 90° phase-shifted signals to the I and Q inputs.
The I/Q baseband inputs consist of voltage-to-current converters that in turn drive double-balanced mixers. The outputs of these mixers are summed and applied to a buffer, which converts the differential mixer signals to a 50Ω single-ended buffered RF output. The four balanced I and Q baseband input ports are intended for DC coupling from a source with a common-mode voltage level of about 0.5V. The LO path consists of an LO buffer with single-ended or differential inputs, and precision quadrature generators that produce the LO drive for the mixers. The supply voltage range is 4.5V to 5.25V, with about 168mA current.
- Point-to-Point Microwave Link
- Military Radio
- Basestation Transmitter GSM/EDGE/CDMA2K
- 700MHz LTE Basestation Transmitter
- Satellite Communication
- CATV/Cable Broadband Modulators
- 13.56MHz/UHF RFID Modulator
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.