Features and Benefits
- Frequency Range: 200MHz to 6000MHz
- Output IP3:
- +31dBm Typical at 2140MHz (Uncalibrated)
- +35dBm Typical (User Optimized)
- Single Pin Calibration to Optimize OIP3
- Low Output Noise Floor at 6MHz Offset:
- No RF: –160.6dBm/Hz
- POUT = 5dBm: –155.5dBm/Hz
- Integrated LO Buffer and LO Quadrature Phase Generator
- High Impedance DC Interface to Baseband Inputs with 0.5V Common Mode Voltage*
- 50Ω Single-Ended LO and RF Ports
- 3.3V Operation
- Fast Turn-Off/On: 10ns/17ns
- Temperature Sensor (Thermistor)
- 24-Lead UTQFN 4mm × 4mm Package
The LTC5588-1 is a direct conversion I/Q modulator designed for high performance wireless applications. It allows direct modulation of an RF signal using differential baseband I and Q signals. It supports LTE, GSM, EDGE, TD-SCDMA, CDMA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA, WiMax and other communication standards. It can also be configured as an image reject upconverting mixer, by applying 90° phase-shifted signals to the I and Q inputs. The I/Q baseband inputs drive double-balanced mixers. An onchip balun converts the differential mixer signals to a 50Ω single-ended RF output. Four balanced I and Q baseband input ports are DC-coupled with a common mode voltage level of 0.5V. The LO path consists of an LO buffer with single-ended or differential inputs and precision quadrature generators to drive the mixers. The supply voltage range is 3.15V to 3.45V. An external voltage can be applied to the LINOPT pin to further improve 3rd-order linearity performance. Accurate temperature dependent calibrations can be performed using the on-chip thermistor.
- LTE, GSM/EDGE, W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, CDMA2K, WiMax Basestations
- Image Reject Upconverters
- Point-to-Point Microwave Links
- Broadcast Modulator
- Military Radio
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.