200MHz to 6000MHz Quadrature Modulator with Ultrahigh OIP3
Features and Benefits
- Direct Conversion to 1.5GHz to 2.4GHz
- High OIP3: 21.8dBm at 2GHz
- Low Output Noise Floor at 5MHz Offset:
- No RF: –159.3dBm/Hz
- POUT = 4dBm: –151.8dBm/Hz
- 4-Ch W-CDMA ACPR: –66dBc at 2.14GHz
- Integrated LO Buffer and LO Quadrature Phase Generator
- 50Ω AC-Coupled Single-Ended LO and RF Ports
- 50Ω DC Interface to Baseband Inputs
- Low Carrier Leakage: –42dBm at 2GHz
- High Image Rejection: 45dB at 2GHz
- 16-Lead QFN 4mm × 4mm Package
The LT5528 is a direct I/Q modulator designed for high performance wireless applications, including wireless infrastructure. It allows direct modulation of an RF signal using differential baseband I and Q signals. It supports PHS, GSM, EDGE, TD-SCDMA, CDMA, CDMA2000, W-CDMA and other systems. It may also be conﬁ gured as an image reject up-converting mixer, by applying 90° phase-shifted signals to the I and Q inputs. The I/Q baseband inputs consist of voltage-to-current converters that in turn drive double-balanced mixers. The outputs of these mixers are summed and applied to an on-chip RF transformer, which converts the differential mixer signals to a 50Ω single-ended output. The four balanced I and Q baseband input ports are intended for DC coupling from a source with a common-mode voltage level of about 0.5V. The LO path consists of an LO buffer with single-ended input, and precision quadrature generators that produce the LO drive for the mixers. The supply voltage range is 4.5V to 5.25V.
- Infrastructure Tx for DCS, PCS and UMTS Bands
- Image Reject Up-Converters for PCS and UMTS Bands
- Low-Noise Variable Phase-Shifter for 1.5GHz to 2.4GHz Local Oscillator Signals
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LT5528 Companion Parts
Recommended Suggested Oscillator
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.