1500 MHz TO 2500 MHz Quadrature Modulator
The ADL5372 is a member of the fixed-gain quadrature modulator (F-MOD) family designed for use from 1500 MHz to 2500 MHz. Its excellent phase accuracy and amplitude balance enable high performance intermediate frequency or direct radio frequency modulation for communication systems.
The ADL5372 provides a >500 MHz, 3 dB baseband bandwidth, making it ideally suited for use in broadband zero IF or low IF-to-RF applications and in broadband digital predistortion transmitters.
The ADL5372 accepts two differential baseband inputs and a single-ended, local oscillator (LO) and generates a single- ended output.
The ADL5372 is fabricated using the Analog Devices, Inc. advanced silicon-germanium bipolar process. It is available in a 24-lead, exposed-paddle, Pb-free, LFCSP. Performance is specified over a −40°C to +85°C temperature range. A Pb-free evaluation board is available.
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
ADL5372-EVALZ is a 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/300 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.5 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IBBP, IBBN, QBBP, and QBBN). The RF output signal is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122 or the AD9146 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747 or the AD9125 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
Customer Case Studies
Datang Mobile Case Study
Datang taps ADI's high-speed-quad DACs for high-performance, small-form-factor wireless base stations.
CN-0018: Interfacing the ADL5372 I/Q Modulator to the AD9779A
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview