500 MHz TO 1500 MHz Quadrature Modulator
The ADL5371 is a member of the fixed-gain quadrature modulator (F-MOD) family designed for use from 500 MHz to 1500 MHz. Its excellent phase accuracy and amplitude balance enable high performance intermediate frequency or direct radio frequency modulation for communication systems.
The ADL5371 provides a >500 MHz, 3 dB baseband bandwidth, making it ideally suited for use in broadband zero IF or low IF-to-RF applications and in broadband digital predistortion transmitters.
The ADL5371 accepts two differential baseband inputs and a single-ended local oscillator (LO) and generates a single-ended output.
The ADL5371 is fabricated using the Analog Devices, Inc. advanced silicon-germanium bipolar process. It is available in a 24-lead, exposed-paddle, Pb-free, LFCSP. Performance is specified over a −40°C to +85°C temperature range. A Pb-free evaluation board is available.
- Cellular communication systems at 900 MHz CDMA2000/GSM
- WiMAX/broadband wireless access systems
- Cable communication equipment
- Satellite modems
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADL5371-EVALZ is a 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/300 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.5 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IBBP, IBBN, QBBP, and QBBN). The RF output signal is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747 or the AD9125 .
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122 or the AD9146 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.