300 MHz TO 1000 MHz Quadrature Modulator
The ADL5370 is the first in the fixed-gain quadrature modulator (F-MOD) family designed for use from 300 MHz to 1000 MHz. Its excellent phase accuracy and amplitude balance enable high performance intermediate frequency or direct radio frequency modulation for communication systems.
The ADL5370 provides a greater than 500 MHz, 3 dB baseband bandwidth, making it ideally suited for use in broadband zero IF or low IF-to-RF applications and in broadband digital predistortion transmitters.
The ADL5370 accepts two differential baseband inputs and a single-ended LO and generates a single-ended 50 Ω output.
The ADL5370 is fabricated using the Analog Devices, Inc. advanced silicon-germanium bipolar process. It is available in a 24-lead, exposed-paddle, Pb-free, LFCSP package. Performance is specified over a −40°C to +85°C temperature range. A Pb-free evaluation board is available.
- Cellular communication systems at 450 MHz CDMA2000/GSM
- WiMAX/broadband wireless access systems
- Cable communication equipment
- Satellite modems
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADL5370-EVALZ is a 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/300 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.5 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IBBP, IBBN, QBBP, and QBBN). The RF output signal is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122 or the AD9146 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747 or the AD9125 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.