700 MHz TO 2.7 GHz Direct Up-Conversion Quadrature Modulator
The AD8349 is high performance quadrature modulator design for use as a single stage up-converter within wireless infrastructure equipment.
The AD8349 provides a high output power and very low noise floor supporting a significant improvement in the output signal range. Additionally the excellent phase and amplitude balance accuracy support a higher sideband suppression specification enabling higher order / capacity QAM modulated radios.
The AD8349 has been tested for use over the common Cellular bands (900 MHz, 1.9 GHz, 2.1 GHz) meeting the needs as specified by the CDMA/GSM Edge/W-CDMA standards.
The AD8349 is supplied in 16-lead Thin Shrunk Small Outline (TSSOP) package, and fully specified over -40ºC to 85ºC temperature range.
Samples (part number AD8349ARE) and an evaluation board (part number AD8349-EVAL) are available. Other Modulator / Demodulator Products
- AD8345 - 250 - 1000 MHz RF / IF Quadrature Modulator
- AD8346 - 2.5 GHz Direct Conversion Quadrature Modulator
- AD8347 - 800 MHz to 2.7 GHz RF / IF Quadrature Demodulator
- AD8348 - 50 - 1000 MHz RF / IF Quadrature Demodulator
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD8349-EVALZ is 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board. For normal operation, it requires a 5 V/200 mA power supply which should be connected to the clip leads labeled VPOS and GND. The LO and baseband inputs (which should be biased at 0.4 V) are applied to edge-mounted SMA-type RF connectors (labeled LO, IP, IN, QP,and QN). The AD8349 output is available at the SMA connector labeled VOUT.
Recommended Differential Dual Baseband TxDAC's
- For direct conversion transmit applications up to 500 MSPS , we recommend the AD9783, AD9122 or the AD9122 .
- For higher bandwidths using data rates up to 250MSPS, with low noise and IMD , we recommend the AD9747, AD9125 or the AD9125 .
- For ultrlow noise and IMD at 1000MSPS , we recommend the AD9125, AD9122, AD9122, AD9125 or the AD9146 .
- For generating differential I and Q currents up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9117 .
- For even lower power requirements up to 125MSPS , we recommend the AD9717 .
Recommended RF/IF Driver Amplifiers and Gain Blocks
- For the full listing of frequency and driving level options
Simplifying Direct-Conversion Tx Paths in Wireless Designs
Single Chip Realizes Direct-Conversion Rx
... Direct-conversion Rxs offer advantages in simplicity compared to conventional superheterodyne approaches,...
Single-Sideband Upconversion of Quadrature DDS Signals to the 800-to-2500MHz
Assessing Multicarrier Direct-Conversion Transmitters
By Eamon Nash, Analog Devices,Inc. (Microwaves and RF, Feb 2004)
Rarely Asked Questions
Too Hot or Too Cold May Be Just Right*
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.