800 MHz TO 2.7 GHz RF / IF Quadrature Demodulator
The AD8347 is a single chip, broadband 2.7GHz quadrature demodulator. The part integrates 65dB linear-in-dB AGC, divided between RF input and at the baseband outputs following the mixers. The In-phase and Quadrature signals are brought out off chip for filtering prior to the final output amplifier stage. The final output amplifiers allow the user to adjust the DC common mode level to provide a direct interface into a dual channel I/Q ADC.
With 65dB linear-in-dB gain control, 50MHz demodulation bandwidth and excellent phase and amplitude balance the AD8347 is ideally suited direct conversion radios in point to point and point to multipoint broadband wireless applications.
The AD8347 is fabricated on an advanced bipolar process, operating on a single 3 or 5 volt supply, packaged in space saving 28 lead thin shrunk small outline (TSSOP) package and fully specified over the -40 to +85 C temperature range.
Samples and an evaluation boards part number AD8347-EVAL are available to order.
Other Modulator/Demodulator products:
- AD8345 - 250MHz - 1GHz RF/IF Modulator
- AD8346 - 2.5 GHz Direct Conversion Quadrature Modulator
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
AD8347-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board designed to allow easy evaluation of all features of the AD8347. The evaluation board integrates a prototype area for a filter design at the mixer outputs, SMA connectors to and from AD8347 with optimized trace routing for improved signal integrity, and requires only a single supply within the range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3: ADA4950-1, ADA4950-2.
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier: ADL5562, ADL5565.
- For a digital programmable VGA: AD8366.
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications: ADA4930-1, ADA4930-2.
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters: ADRF6510, ADRF6516.
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9268, AD9650.
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC: AD9262.
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC): AD9269.
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use: AD9231.
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9258, AD9251.
Product Selection Guide
RF, Microwave, and Millimeter Wave IC Selection Guide 2017
Using a unique combination of design skills, systems understanding, and process technologies, Analog Devices offers...
Techniques Simplify Wireless Transmission
... Approaches That Were Once Thought Too Costly To Implement Now Have New Life, Thanks To The Availability Of...
Simplifying Direct-Conversion Tx Paths in Wireless Designs
Single Chip Realizes Direct-Conversion Rx
... Direct-conversion Rxs offer advantages in simplicity compared to conventional superheterodyne approaches,...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.