New Content (1)
Product Selection GuideRF, Microwave, and Millimeter Wave IC Selection Guide 2018
Features and Benefits
- 800MHz - 2.7GHz RF Input Range
- Integrated 65dB AGC Amplifiers
- Integrated Baseband Level Detectors
- Integrated Baseband Output Amplifiers
- Single Supply 2.7 to 5.5V with Power Down
- Quadrature Phase Accuracy 3 degree
- Amplitude Balance 0.3dB
- Third Order Intercept IIP3 +12dB
- Noise Figure 11dB
- Low LO Drive -10dBm
The AD8347 is a single chip, broadband 2.7GHz quadrature demodulator. The part integrates 65dB linear-in-dB AGC, divided between RF input and at the baseband outputs following the mixers. The In-phase and Quadrature signals are brought out off chip for filtering prior to the final output amplifier stage. The final output amplifiers allow the user to adjust the DC common mode level to provide a direct interface into a dual channel I/Q ADC.
With 65dB linear-in-dB gain control, 50MHz demodulation bandwidth and excellent phase and amplitude balance the AD8347 is ideally suited direct conversion radios in point to point and point to multipoint broadband wireless applications.
The AD8347 is fabricated on an advanced bipolar process, operating on a single 3 or 5 volt supply, packaged in space saving 28 lead thin shrunk small outline (TSSOP) package and fully specified over the -40 to +85 C temperature range.
Samples and an evaluation boards part number AD8347-EVAL are available to order.
Other Modulator/Demodulator products:
- AD8345 - 250MHz - 1GHz RF/IF Modulator
- AD8346 - 2.5 GHz Direct Conversion Quadrature Modulator
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
AD8347-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board designed to allow easy evaluation of all features of the AD8347. The evaluation board integrates a prototype area for a filter design at the mixer outputs, SMA connectors to and from AD8347 with optimized trace routing for improved signal integrity, and requires only a single supply within the range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
AD8347 Companion Parts
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3: ADA4950-1, ADA4950-2.
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier: ADL5562, ADL5565.
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications: ADA4930-1, ADA4930-2.
- For a digital programmable VGA: AD8366.
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters: ADRF6510, ADRF6516.
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9258, AD9251.
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate: AD9268, AD9650.
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC: AD9262.
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC): AD9269.
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use: AD9231.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.