750 MHz TO 1150 MHz Quadrature Demodulator with Fractional-N PLL and VCO
The ADRF6801 is a high dynamic range IQ demodulator with integrated PLL and VCO. The fractional-N PLL/synthesizer generates a frequency in the range of 3.0 GHz to 4.6 GHz. A divide-by-4 quadrature divider divides the output frequency of the VCO down to the required local oscillator (LO) frequency to drive the mixers in quadrature. Additionally, an output buffer can be enabled that generates an fVCO/2 signal for external use.
The PLL reference input is supported from 10 MHz to 160 MHz. The phase detector output controls a charge pump whose output is integrated in an off-chip loop filter. The loop filter output is then applied to an integrated VCO.
The IQ demodulator mixes the differential RF input with the complex LO derived from the quadrature divider. The differential I and Q output paths have excellent quadrature accuracy and can handle baseband signaling or complex IF up to 120 MHz.
The ADRF6801 is fabricated using an advanced silicon-germanium BiCMOS process. It is available in a 40-lead, exposed-paddle, RoHS-compliant, 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package. Performance is specified over the −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- QAM/QPSK RF/IF demodulators
- Cellular W-CDMA/CDMA/CDMA2000
- Microwave point-to-(multi)point radios
- Broadband wireless and WiMAX
Comparable Parts Click to see all in Parametric Search
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADRF6801-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, Rogers-based evaluation board. Input and baseband output SMA connections with single ended setups are featured. There is an option of fully differential baseband signaling on the output at the card edge . Access to the +5 V/262 mA single supply is achieved with clip leads to the VCC2 and GND2 testpoint; it has a range from +4.75 V to +5.25 V. The evaluation board can be programmed through the USB port of a PC running Windows XP or Vista with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed. The required control software can be downloaded from www.analog.com.
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For a digital programmable VGA , we recommend the AD8366 .
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier , we recommend the ADL5562 or the ADL5565 .
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications , we recommend the ADA4930-1 or the ADA4930-2 .
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters , we recommend the ADRF6510 or the ADRF6516 .
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3 , we recommend the ADA4950-1 or the ADA4950-2 .
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use , we recommend the AD9231 .
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9258 or the AD9251 .
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC) , we recommend the AD9269 .
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9268 or the AD9650 .
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC , we recommend the AD9262 .
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.