700 MHz TO 2700 MHz Quadrature Demodulator
The ADL5382 is a broadband quadrature I-Q demodulator that covers an RF input frequency range from 700 MHz to 2.7 GHz. With a NF = 14 dB, IP1dB = 14.7 dBm, and IIP3 = 33.5 dBm at 900 MHz, the ADL5382 demodulator offers outstanding dynamic range suitable for the demanding infrastructure direct-conversion requirements. The differential RF inputs provide a well-behaved broadband input impedance of 50 Ω and are best driven from a 1:1 balun for optimum performance.
Excellent demodulation accuracy is achieved with amplitude and phase balances ~0.05 dB and ~0.2°, respectively. The demodulated in-phase (I) and quadrature (Q) differential outputs are fully buffered and provide a voltage conversion gain of ~4 dB. The buffered baseband outputs are capable of driving a 2 V p-p differential signal into 200 Ω.
The fully balanced design minimizes effects from second-order distortion. The leakage from the LO port to the RF port is <−65 dBc. Differential dc offsets at the I and Q outputs are typically <10 mV. Both of these factors contribute to the excellent IIP2 specifications which is >60 dBm.
The ADL5382 operates off a single 4.75 V to 5.25 V supply. The supply current is adjustable with an external resistor from the BIAS pin to ground. The ADL5382 is fabricated using the Analog Devices, Inc., advanced Silicon-Germanium bipolar process and is available in a 24-lead exposed paddle LFCSP. Performance is specified over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADL5382-EVALZ is a fully populated, 4-layer, FR4-based evaluation board designed to allow the easy evaluation of all features of the ADL5382. The evaluation board integrates bypassable transformers to allow single ended or differential baseband I and Q outputs and the evaluation board requires only a single supply within the range of 4.75 V to 5.25 V.
Recommended Baseband Driver Amplifiers
- For a differential RF/IF amplifier , we recommend the ADL5562 or the ADL5565 .
- For low noise drivers in low voltage (1.8V) ADC applications , we recommend the ADA4930-1 or the ADA4930-2 .
- For variable gain and programmable baseband filters , we recommend the ADRF6510 or the ADRF6516 .
- For selectable gains of 1, 2 or 3 , we recommend the ADA4950-1 or the ADA4950-2 .
- For a digital programmable VGA , we recommend the AD8366 .
Recommended Dual Analog-to-Digital Converters
- For 14-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9258 or the AD9251 .
- For 16-bit performance, low power and high sampling rate , we recommend the AD9268 or the AD9650 .
- For 16-bit performance, multistage differential pipeline architecture with integrated quadrature error correction (QEC) , we recommend the AD9269 .
- For 12-bit performance, low power, low cost and ease of use , we recommend the AD9231 .
- For 16-bit performance, continuous time sigma delta architecture with integrated QEC , we recommend the AD9262 .
Product Selection Guide
RF Source Booklet
RF IC Product Overview
Semiconductors Simplify Direct-Conversion Design
Advances in semiconductor processes have enabled integrated circuits with the performance needed for wireless...
Direct Conversion Receiver Designs Enable Multi-standard/Multi-band Operation
Modern direct conversion provides a compelling solution for field programmable radio designs and offers a cost...
Assess Quadrature-Demodulator Noise Figure Using Vector Signal Analysis
A VSA approach is a reasonable and qualitative solution for assessing the demodulator noise figure at the...
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 3 week(s) ago in RF and Microwave
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.