Broadband High IP3 Dual Channel Downconverter w/ Fractional-N PLL & VCO, 0.7 - 3.8 GHz
The HMC1190ALP6NE is a high linearity broadband dual channel downconverting mixer with integrated PLL and VCO optimized for multi-standard receiver applications that require a compact, low power design. Integrated wideband limiting LO amplifiers enable the HMC1190ALP6NE to achieve an unprecedented RF bandwidth of 700 MHz to 3800 MHz for applications including Cellular/3G, LTE/WiMAX/4G. Unlike conventional narrow-band downconverters, the HMC1190ALP6NE supports both high-side and low-side LO injection over all RF frequencies. The RF and LO input ports are internally matched to 50 Ohms.
The HMC1190ALP6NE features an integrated LO and RF baluns, enable control of IF and LO amplifiers and bias control interface to high linearity passive mixer cores. Balanced passive mixer combined with high-linearity IF amplifier architecture provides excellent LO-to-RF, LO-to-IF, and RF-to-IF isolations. Low noise figure of 9 dB, and high IIP3 of +24 dBm allow the HMC1190ALP6NE to be used in most demanding applications. External bias control pins enable optimization of already low power dissipation of 2.34 W (typical). Fast enable control interface reduces power consumption further in TDD applications.
External VCO input allows the HMC1190ALP6NE to lock external VCOs, and enables cascaded LO architectures for MIMO applications. Two separate Charge Pump (CP) outputs enable separate loop filters optimized for both integrated and external VCOs, and seamless switching between integrated or external VCOs during operation. Programmable RF output phase features can further phase adjust and synchronize multiple HMC1190ALP6NE’s enabling scalable MIMO and beam-forming radio architectures.
Additional features include configurable LO output mute function, Exact Frequency Mode that enables the HMC1190ALP6NE to generate fractional frequencies with 0 Hz frequency error, and the ability to synchronously change frequencies without changing phase of the output signal that increases efficiency of digital pre-distortion loops. The HMC1190ALP6NE is housed in RoHS compliant compact 6x6 mm leadless QFN package.
- Multiband/Multi-standard Cellular BTS Diversity Receivers
- GSM & 3G & LTE/WiMAX/4G
- MIMO Infrastructure Receivers
- Wideband Radio Receivers
- Multiband Basestations & Repeaters
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
This evaluation kit allows the user to communicate with the HMC1190ALP6NE, Dual-Channel Downconverter with integrated Fractional-N / Integer-N PLL & VCO. The HMC1190ALP6NE RF evaluation board has:
- Bias pins to improve HMC1190ALP6NE performance according to user needs.
- Differential external VCO input and an auxiliary Charge Pump output. These options allow user to use an external VCO for the LO input of the mixer.
- Auxiliary differential LO output which allows user to use internal PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE, as a signal source up to 4100 MHz.
- On-board VCXO (Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillator), and a tiny PLL for better phase noise performance.
- External reference input allows user to lock PLL/VCO of HMC1190ALP6NE to their system clock.
- Loop filter components and power supply regulators creating a complete synthesizer test platform. The evaluation board can be re-configured for use with an external reference source.
The kit includes a USB interface board and software that generates a graphical user interface (GUI), allowing the user to:
- Read from & write to all Synthesizer/PLL registers.
- Observe all Synthesizer/PLL register states for programming & debugging
- Program the output frequency of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Reference Divider & Charge Pump Currents
- Monitor the Lock Detect state
- Save and recall Synthesizer/PLL configurations
- Switch between fractional and integer modes
- Scan the operating frequency range of the Synthesizer/PLL
- Alternate between two frequencies using the “Frequency Hop” feature for settling time measurements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.