Features and Benefits
- 25 ns Instruction Cycle Time from 20 MHz Crystal @ 5.0 Volts
- 40 MIPS Sustained Performance
- ADSP-2100 Family Code Compatible, with Instruction Set Extensions
- 80K Bytes of On-Chip RAM, Configured as 16K Words On-Chip Program Memory RAM and 16K Words On-Chip Data Memory RAM
- Dual Purpose Program Memory for Both Instruction and Data Storage
- 16-Bit Internal DMA Port for High Speed Access to On-Chip Memory
- 4 MByte Memory Interface for Storage of Data Tables and Program Overlays
- 8-Bit DMA to Byte Memory for Transparent Program and Data Memory Transfers
The ADSP-2181 is a single-chip microcomputer optimized for digital signal processing (DSP) and other high speed numeric processing applications.
The ADSP-2181 combines the ADSP-2100 family base architecture(three computational units, data address generators and a program sequencer) with two serial ports, a 16-bit internal DMA port, a byte DMA port, a programmable timer, Flag I/O, extensive interrupt capabilities, and on-chip program and data memory.
The ADSP-2181 integrates 80K bytes of on-chip memory configured as 16K words (24-bit) of program RAM, and 16K words (16-bit) of data RAM. Power-down circuitry is also provided to meet the low power needs of battery operated portable equipment. The ADSP-2181 is available in 128-pin TQFP and 128- pin PQFP packages.
In addition, the ADSP-2181 supports new instructions, which include bit manipulations-bit set, bit clear, bit toggle, bit test- new ALU constants, new multiplication instruction (x squared), biased rounding, result free ALU operations, I/O memory transfers and global interrupt masking for increased flexibility. Fabricated in a high speed, double metal, low power, CMOS process, the ADSP-2181 operates with a 30 ns instruction cycle time. Every instruction can execute in a single processor cycle. The ADSP-2181's flexible architecture and comprehensive instruction set allow the processor to perform multiple operations in parallel. In one processor cycle the ADSP-2181 can:
- Generate the next program address
- Fetch the next instruction
- Perform one or two data moves
- Update one or two data address pointers
- Perform a computational operation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EZ-ICE® serial emulator system provides state-of-the-art emulation for the ADSP-218x family of processors by providing a controlled environment for observing, debugging, and testing activities in a target system. The EZ-ICE connects directly to the target processor through the emulation interface port. Its ease of use, full speed emulation and shielded board will ensure your design process runs smooth.
The debugger available for ADSP-218x EZ-ICE is Analog Devices' VisualDSP++ development environment. All software is sold separately.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Supports ADI's ADSP-218x family of processors
- High speed RS-232 serial port
- Shielded enclosure with reset switch accessibility
- I/O voltage setting confirmation LEDs
- Support for 2.5, 3.3, and 5.0 volt DSPs
- CE certified
Application Notes (71)
Software Manuals (5)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.