Features and Benefits
- Complete Low EMI Switch Mode Power Supply
- EN55022 Class B Compliant
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3.1V to 58V
- Up to 4A Output Current
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 0.94 • VIN
- ±1.67% Total DC Output Voltage Error Over Line, Load and Temperature (–40°C to 125°C)
- Parallel and Current Share with Multiple LTM4653s
- Analog Output Current Indicator
- Programmable Input Voltage Limiting
- Constant-Frequency Current Mode Control
- Power Good Indicator and Programmable Soft-Start
- Overcurrent/Overvoltage/Overtemperature Protection
- 15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA Package
The LTM®4653 is an ultralow noise 58V, 4A DC/DC stepdown μModule® regulator designed to meet the radiated emissions requirements of EN55022. Conducted emission requirements can be met by adding standard filter components. Included in the package are the switching controller, power MOSFETs, inductor, filters and support components.
Operating over an input voltage range of 3.1V to 58V, the LTM4653 supports an output voltage range of 0.5V to 94% of VIN, and a switching frequency range of 250kHz to 3MHz (400kHz default), each set by a single resistor. For high load currents, the LTM4653 can be paralleled in PolyPhase® operation and synchronized to an external clock. Only the bulk input and output filter capacitors are needed to finish the design.
The LTM4653 is offered in a 15mm × 9mm × 5.01mm BGA package with SnPb or RoHS compliant terminal finish.
- Avionics, Industrial Control and Test Equipment
- Video, Imaging and Instrumentation
- 48V Telecom and Network Power Supplies
- RF Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.