Features and Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.3V to 5.5V
- One 800 mA buck regulator
- One 300 mA LDO
- 20-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
- Initial regulator accuracy: ±1%
- Overcurrent and thermal protection
- Soft start
- Undervoltage lockout
- Open-drain processor reset with threshold monitoring
- ±1.5% threshold accuracy over the full temperate range
- Guaranteed reset output valid to VCC = 1 V
- Dual watchdog for secure systems
- Watchdog 1 controls reset
- Watchdog 2 controls reset and regulators power cycle
- Buck regulator key specifications
- Current-mode topology for excellent transient response
- 3 MHz operating frequency
- Uses tiny multilayer inductors and capacitors
- Mode pin selects forced PWM or auto PFM/PSM modes
- 100% duty cycle low dropout mode
- LDO key specifications
- Low VIN from 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- Stable with1 μF ceramic output capacitors
- High PSRR, 60 dB up to 1 kHz/10 kHz
- Low output noise
- Low dropout voltage: 150 mV at 300 mA load
- −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
The ADP5043 combines one high performance buck regulator and one low dropout regulators (LDO) in a small 20-lead LFCSP to meet demanding performance and board space requirements.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulator enables use of tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space.
The MODE pin selects the buck mode of operation. When set to logic high, the buck regulators operate in forced PWM mode. When the MODE pin is set to logic low, the buck regulators operate in PWM mode when the load is around the nominal value. When the load current falls below a predefined threshold the regulator operates in power save mode (PSM) improving the light-load efficiency.
The low quiescent current, low dropout voltage, and wide input voltage range of the ADP5043 LDOs extend the battery life of portable devices. The LDO maintain power supply rejection greater than 60 dB for frequencies as high as 10 kHz while operating with a low headroom voltage.
Each regulator is activated by a high level on the respective enable pin. The ADP5043 is available with factory programmable default output voltages and can be set to a wide range of options.
The ADP5043 contains supervisory circuits that monitor power supply voltage levels and code execution integrity in microprocessor-based systems. The ADP5043 also provides power-on reset signals. An on-chip dual watchdog timer can reset the microprocessor or power cycle the system (Watchdog 2) if it fails to strobe within a preset timeout period.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPower is the fastest and most accurate Power Management design tool. ADI's Design Center lets you design your power circuits in three easy steps.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.