Features and Benefits
- Main input voltage range: 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Two 800 mA buck regulators and two 300 mA LDOs
- 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package
- Regulator accuracy: ±1.8%
- Factory programmable or external adjustable VOUTx
- 3 MHz buck operation with forced PWM and auto PWM/PSM modes
- BUCK1/BUCK2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 3.8 V
- LDO1/LDO2: output voltage range from 0.8 V to 5.2 V
- LDO1/LDO2: low input supply voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V
- LDO1/LDO2: high PSRR and low output noise
The ADP5037 combines two high performance buck regulators and two low dropout (LDO) regulators in a small, 24-lead 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP to meet demanding performance and board space requirements.
The high switching frequency of the buck regulators enables tiny multilayer external components and minimizes the board space. When the MODE pin is set high, the buck regulators operate in forced PWM mode. When the MODE pin is set low and the load is above a predefined threshold, the buck regulators operate in PWM mode. When the load current falls below a predefined threshold, the regulator operates in power save mode (PSM), improving the light-load efficiency.
The two bucks operate out of phase to reduce the input capacitor requirement. The low quiescent current, low dropout voltage, and wide input voltage range of the ADP5037 LDOs extend the battery life of portable devices. The ADP5037 LDOs maintain power supply rejection greater than 60 dB for frequencies as high as 10 kHz while operating with a low headroom voltage.
Regulators in the ADP5037 are activated though dedicated enable pins. The default output voltages can be externally set in the adjustable version or factory programmable to a wide range of preset values in the fixed voltage version.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5037 is available in a 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. The ADP5034/ADP5037 are 4-channel devices that share a common PCB evaluation board.
The ADP5037 evaluation board, ADP5037CP-EVALZ, has two step-down regulators with two LDO regulators that enable evaluation of the ADP50374. The evaluation board is available in an adjustable voltage option.
For full details on the ADP5037, consult the product data sheet in conjunction with this evaluation board user guide.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation boards for the ADP5037
- Standalone capability
- Simple device measurements, including line and load regulation, demonstrable with
- A single voltage supply
- A voltmeter
- An ammeter
- Load resistors
- Easy access to external components
- Cascading options to supply the low dropout (LDO) regulator from either buck regulator
- Dedicated enable option for each channel
- Mode option to change buck regulators from power save mode (PSM) to pulse-width modulation (PWM) operation
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPower is the fastest and most accurate Power Management design tool. ADI's Design Center lets you design your power circuits in three easy steps.
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.