4-Channel 8A Configurable Buck DC/DCs
Features and Benefits
- 8 × 1A Buck Power Stages Configurable as 2, 3 or 4 Output Channels
- 8 Unique Output Configurations (1A to 4A Per Channel)
- Independent VIN Supplies for Each DC/DC (2.25V to 5.5V)
- Low Total No Load Supply Current:
- 15μA In Shutdown (All Channels Off)
- 68μA One Channel Active in Burst Mode® Operation
- 18μA Per Additional Channel
- Precision Enable Pin Thresholds for Autonomous Sequencing
- 1MHz to 3MHz RT Programmable Frequency (2MHz Default) or PLL Synchronization
- Temp Monitor Indicates Die Temperature
- CT Programmed Watchdog Timer
- Independent RST Pins Indicate Buck in Regulation
- Thermally Enhanced 38-Lead 5mm × 7mm QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC3371 is a highly flexible multi-output power supply IC. The device includes four synchronous buck converters, configured to share eight 1A power stages, each of which is powered from independent 2.25V to 5.5V inputs.
The DC/DCs are assigned to one of eight possible power configurations via pin programmable C1-C3 pins. The common buck switching frequency may be programmed with an external resistor, synchronized to an external oscillator, or set to a default internal 2MHz clock. The operating mode for all DC/DCs may be programmed for Burst Mode or forced continuous mode operation.
The CT pin programs the timing parameters of four independent RST pins as well as the watchdog timer.
To reduce input noise, the buck converters are phased in 90° steps. Precision enable pin thresholds facilitate reliable power sequencing. The LTC3371 is available in low profile 38-lead 5mm × 7mm QFN and TSSOP packages.
- General Purpose Multichannel Power Supplies: Automotive, Industrial, Distributed Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 2182A is a 4-output power supply with a watchdog timer and power-on reset featuring the LTC3371. The LTC3371 has four synchronous current mode buck regulators which can be configured to share eight individual 1A power stages to create one of eight combinations of 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A regulators. The DC2182A is set up as four 2A buck regulators but can be modified to one of the other seven configurations. Its input voltage range is 2.25V to 5.5V.
LTC3371 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.