Features and Benefits
- High Efficiency: Over 92% Possible
- Very Low Standby Current: 10µA Typ
- Available in Space Saving 8-Lead MSOP Package
- Internal 1.4Ω Power Switch (VIN = 10V)
- Wide VIN Range: 3V to 18V Operation
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Low-Battery Detector Functional During Shutdown
- Programmable Current Limit with Optional Current Sense Resistor (10mA to 400mA Typ)
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Few External Components Required
- Active Low Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 6µA Typ
- Pushbutton On/Off (LTC1475 Only)
- 3.3V, 5V and Adjustable Output Versions
The LTC1474/LTC1475 series are high efficiency step-down converters with internal P-channel MOSFET power switches that draw only 10µA typical DC supply current at no load while maintaining output voltage. The LTC1474 uses logic-controlled shutdown while the LTC1475 features pushbutton on/off.
The low supply current coupled with Burst Mode™ operation enables the LTC1474/LTC1475 to maintain high efficiency over a wide range of loads. These features, along with their capability of 100% duty cycle for low dropout and wide input supply range, make the LTC1474/LTC1475 ideal for moderate current (up to 300mA) battery-powered applications.
The peak switch current is user-programmable with an optional sense resistor (defaults to 325mA minimum if not used) providing a simple means for optimizing the design for lower current applications. The peak current control also provides short-circuit protection and excellent startup behavior. A low-battery detector that remains functional in shutdown is provided .
The LTC1474/LTC1475 series availability in 8-lead MSOP and SO packages and need for few additional components provide for a minimum area solution.
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
- 4mA to 20mA Current Loop Step-Down Converter
- Portable Instruments
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Battery Chargers
- Inverting Converters
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.