Features and Benefits
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 60V
- Fast Minimum Switch-On Time: 30ns
- Ultralow Quiescent Current Burst Mode Operation:
- 6μA IQ Regulating 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
- 10mVP-P Output Ripple at No Load
- Synchronizable/Programmable Fixed Frequency Forced Continuous Mode Operation: 300kHz to 2.2MHz
- High Efficiency Synchronous Operation:
- 92% Efficiency at 0.5A, 5VOUT from 12VIN
- 90% Efficiency at 0.5A, 3.3VOUT from 12VIN
- Low Dropout: 360mV at 0.5A
- Low EMI
- Accurate 1V Enable Pin Threshold
- Internal Soft-Start and Compensation
- Power Good Flag
- Small Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package and 10-Lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LT8619 is a compact, high efficiency, high speed synchronous monolithic step-down switching regulator that consumes only 6μA of quiescent current. The LT8619 can deliver 1.2A of continuous current. Top and bottom power switches are included with all necessary circuitry to minimize the need for external components. Low ripple Burst Mode® operation enables high efficiency down to very low output currents while keeping the output ripple to 10mVP-P. A SYNC pin allows forced continuous mode operation synchronized to an external clock. Internal compensation with peak current mode topology allows the use of small inductors and results in fast transient response and good loop stability. The EN/UV pin has an accurate 1V threshold and can be used to program VIN undervoltage lockout or to shut down the LT8619, reducing the input supply current to below 0.6μA. The PG flag signals when VOUT is within ±7.5% of the programmed output voltage. The LT8619 is available in a small 16-lead MSOP and 10-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN packages with exposed pad for low thermal resistance.
- 12V Automotive Systems
- 12V and 24V Commercial Vehicles
- 48V Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Industrial Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.