Features and Benefits
- Phase Extender for High Phase Count Voltage Rails
- Operates with Power Blocks, DrMOS or External Gate Drivers and MOSFETs
- Accurate Phase-to-Phase Current Sharing
- Sub-Milliohm DCR Current Sensing
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 250kHz to 1MHz
- Immediate Response to Master IC's Fault
- Up to 12-Phase Operation
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5 to 38V
- VOUT Range :
- Up to 3.5V (LOWDCR Pin High)
- Up to 5.5V (LOWDCR Pin Low)
- Proprietary Current Mode Control Loop
- Programmable CCM/DCM Operation
- Programmable Phase Shift Control n 24-Lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package
The LTC3874-1 is a dual PolyPhase® current mode synchronous step-down slave controller. It enables high current, multiphase applications when paired with a companion master controller by extending the phase count. Compatible master controllers include the LTC3884-1, LTC3774, LTC3875, LTC3877 and LTC3866. The LTC3874-1 employs a unique architecture that enhances the signal-to-noise ratio of the current sense signal, allowing the use of submilliohm DC resistance power inductors to maximize efficiency while reducing switching jitter. Its peak current mode architecture allows for accurate phase-to-phase current sharing even for dynamic loads.
Effectively working with a master controller, the LTC3874-1 supports all the programmable features as well as fault protection.
- High Current Distributed Power Systems
- Telecom, Datacom and Storage Systems
- Intelligent Energy Efficient Power Regulation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC3874-1 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.