Features and Benefits
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 10V
- Low Operating Quiescent Current: 80μA
- OPTI-LOOP® Compensation Minimizes COUT
- 1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V Operation
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency 140kHz to 650kHz
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Adjustable Output Voltage Soft-Start or Tracking
- Output Current Foldback Limiting
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Clock Output for PolyPhase® Applications
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Low Shutdown IQ: 10μA
- Internal LDO Powers Gate Drive from VIN or VOUT
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Small 20-Lead TSSOP or 4mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3835 is a high performance step-down switching regulator controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage. A constant-frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 650kHz.
The 80μA no-load quiescent current extends operating life in battery powered systems. OPTI-LOOP compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3835 features a precision 0.8V reference and a power good output indicator. The 4V to 36V input supply range encompasses a wide range of battery chemistries.
The TRACK/SS pin ramps the output voltage during startup. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short-circuit conditions.
|LTC3835||Yes||Yes||Yes||TSSOP-20, 4x5 QFN-20|
|LTC3835-1||No||No||No||GN-16, 3x5 DFN-16|
- Automotive Systems
- Telecom Systems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- Distributed DC Power Systems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Demonstration circuit 967B is a single output high frequency step-down DC/DC controller featuring the low quiescent current LTC3835 in a 20-pin exposed pad TSSOP package. The DC967B is designed to generate a regulated 3.3V@5A output from 4.5V to 36V input voltage.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
To launch ready-to-run LTspice demonstration circuits for this part:
Step 1: Download and install LTspice on your computer.
Step 2: Click on the link in the section below to download a demonstration circuit.
Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link below, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting “Save Target As.” After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting ‘Open’ from the ‘File’ menu.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.