Features and Benefits
- Generates Three Voltages:
- 5.1V at 10mA
- 5V, -10V, or -15V at 500µA
- 10V or 15V at 500µA
- Better than 90% Efficiency
- Low Output Ripple: Less than 5mVP-P
- Complete 1mm Component Profile Solution
- Controlled Power-Up Sequence: AVDD/VGL/VGH
- All Outputs Disconnected and Actively Discharged in Shutdown
- Low Noise Fixed Frequency Operation
- Frequency Reduction Input for High Efficiency in Blank Mode
- Ultralow Quiescent Current: 75µA (Typ) in Scan Mode
- Available in a 3mm × 3mm 16-Pin QFN Package
The LTC3450 is a complete power converter solution for small thin film transistor (TFT) liquid crystal display (LCD) panels. The device operates from a single Lithium-Ion cell, 2- to 3-cell alkaline input or any voltage source between 1.5V and 4.6V.
The synchronous boost converter generates a low noise, high efficiency 5.1V, 10mA supply. Internal charge pumps are used to generate 10V, 15V, and -5V, -10V or -15V. Output sequencing is controlled internally to insure proper initialization of the LCD panel.
A master shutdown input reduces quiescent current to <2µA and quickly discharges each output for rapid turn off of the LCD panel. The LTC3450 is offered in a low profile (0.75mm), 3mm × 3mm 16-pin QFN package, minimizing the solution profile and footprint.
- Cellular Handsets with Color Display
- Handheld Instruments
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.