Features and Benefits
- VOUT = 1/2 VREF
- Adjustable and Symmetrical Sink/Source Current Limit up to 20A
- True Current Mode Control with Optional Use of Sense Resistor
- VON and ION Pins Allow Constant Frequency Operation During Input and Output Voltage Changes
- ±0.65% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Up to 97% Efficiency
- Ultrafast Transient Response
- 2% to 90% Duty Cycle at 200kHz
- tON(MIN) ≤ 100ns
- Stable with Ceramic COUT
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V
- Adjustable Switching Frequency up to 1.5MHz
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Available in a 5mm × 5mm QFN Package
The LTC3717-1 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller for double data rate (DDR) and Quad Data Rate™ (QDR™) memory termination. The controller uses a valley current control architecture to deliver very low duty cycles with or without a sense resistor. Operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN and VOUT.
Forced continuous operation reduces noise and RF interference. Output voltage is internally set to half of VREF, which is user programmable.
Fault protection is provided by an output overvoltage comparator and optional short-circuit shutdown timer. Soft-start capability for supply sequencing is accomplished using an external timing capacitor. The regulator current limit level is symmetrical and user programmable. Wide supply range allows operation from 4V to 36V at the VCC input.
- Bus Termination: DDR and QDR Memory, SSTL, HSTL, ...
- Notebook Computers, Desktop Servers
- Tracking/Margining Power Supply
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.