Features and Benefits
- 4-Switch Current Mode Single Inductor Architecture Allows VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 150V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 1.2V ≤ VOUT ≤ 150V
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 99% Efficiency
- ±1% 1.2V Voltage Reference
- Input or Output Average Current Limit
- Integrated 12μA IQ, 150V, 85mA, Switching Bias for Optimal Thermal Performance
- Programmable 6V to 10V DRVCC Optimizes Efficiency
- No Top FET Refresh Noise in Boost or Buck Mode
- VOUT Disconnected from VIN During Shutdown
- Phase-Lockable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 600kHz)
- No Reverse Current During Start-Up
- 150V Rated RUN Pin with Accurate Turn-On Threshold
- Thermally Enhanced 48-Lead e-LQFP Package
The LTC3777 is a high performance buck-boost switching regulator controller that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 600kHz, while an input/output constant current loop provides support for battery charging. The 150V integrated switching bias supply is a high efficiency step-down regulator that draws only 12μA typical DC supply current with a regulated output voltage at no load.
With a wide 4.5V to 150V input and output range and seamless transfers between operating regions, the LTC3777 is ideal for industrial, telecom and battery powered systems.
The LTC3777 features a power good output indicator and a MODE pin to select between pulse-skipping mode or forced continuous mode of operation. The PLLIN pin allows the IC to be synchronized to an external clock. The SS pin ramps the output voltage during start-up. Current foldback limits MOSFET heat dissipation during short circuit conditions.
- Industrial, Transportation, Medical, Military, Avionics
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
LTC3777 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.