Dual 1 A, 18 V, Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with Fail-Safe Voltage Monitoring
The ADP2311 is a fully integrated, dual output, synchronous step-down dc-to-dc regulator. The regulator operates from input voltages of 4.5 V to 18 V, and the output can regulate down to 0.6 V. Each channel can provide up to 1 A of continuous output current.
The ADP2311 integrates the high-side and low-side MOSFETs to provide a very high efficiency, compact solution. Both channels of the regulator run at 180° out of phase to reduce the input ripple current and the input capacitor size, thereby helping to lower system electromagnetic interference (EMI). The ADP2311 also integrates internal compensation and soft start circuitry to simplify the design.
An on-chip watchdog timer can reset the microprocessor if it fails to strobe within a preset timeout period. Accurate voltage monitoring circuitry and a power fail comparator provide a controlled power-up and power-down sequence to enhance system reliability.
The ADP2311 also includes undervoltage lockout (UVLO), overvoltage protection (OVP), overcurrent protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown (TSD).
The ADP2311 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in a 24-lead LFCSP package.
- Industrial and instrumentation
- Healthcare and medical
- DC-to-DC point of load applications
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The outputs of the ADP2311 evaluation board are preset to 1.2 V and 3.3 V for Channel 1 and Channel 2, respectively. The VIN threshold of the power fail input is set at 8.99 V. Different output and power fail input voltages can be achieved by changing the appropriate passive components.
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 18 V
- ±1.0% output accuracy
- Integrated MOSFET: 110 mΩ/60 mΩ typical
- Continuous output current: 1 A/1 A
- Power fail comparator generates warning
- Power-on reset with programmable delay timer
- Adjustable voltage monitor for power-down
- Watchdog refresh input Dual phase with 180° out of phase operation
- Fixed switching frequency: 300 kHz
- Internal compensation and soft start Stable with low effective series resistance (ESR) output ceramic capacitors
- Precision enable input Power feedback during power off
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO), overcurrent protection (OCP), overvoltage protection (OVP), and thermal shutdown (TSD)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.