1.2 A, 20 V, 1.4 MHz non-synchronous step-down switching regulator
There are two frequency options: the ADP2300 runs at 700 kHz and the ADP2301 runs at 1.4 MHz. These options allow users to make decisions based on the trade-off between efficiency and the size of the total solution. Current-mode control provides fast and stable line and load transient performance. Each ADP2300/ ADP2301 device includes an internal soft start to prevent inrush current at power up. Other key safety features include short-circuit protection, thermal shutdown (TSD) and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO). Precision enable pin threshold voltage allows ADP2300/ADP2301 to be easily sequenced from other input/ output supplies, or the enable pin can be used as a programmable UVLO input by using resistive divider.
The ADP2300/ADP2301 are available in a 6-lead TSOT package and are rated for the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.Applications
- LDO replacement for digital load applications
- Intermediate power rail conversion
- Communications and networking
- Industrial and instrumentation
- Healthcare and Medical Consumer
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
The ADP2300/ADP2301 are compact, constant-frequency, current-mode, step-down dc-to-dc regulators with an integrated power MOSFET. The ADP2300/ADP2301 evaluation boards are complete solutions that allow the user to evaluate the performance of the regulators. There are two frequency options available: the ADP2300 runs at 700 kHz, and the ADP2301 runs at 1.4 MHz. These options allow the user to make design decisions based on the trade-off between efficiency and the size of the total solution.
The ADP2300/ADP2301 provide accurate (±2%) output regulation for load currents up to 1.2 A. Current-mode control provides fast and stable line and load transient performance. The precision, EN pin, threshold voltage allows the ADP2300/ADP2301 to be sequenced from other input/output supplies. The EN pin can also be used as a programmable UVLO input by using a resistive divider.
Two motors can be driven at the same time, each motor having its separate power supply. The system incorporates high quality power sources; reliable power, control, and feedback signals isolation; accurate measurement of motor current & voltage signals; high speed interfaces for control signals to allow fast controller response; industrial Ethernet high speed interfaces; single ended Hall, differential Hall, encoder and resolver interfaces; digital position sensors interface; flexible control with a FPGA/SoC interface.
The kit consists of two boards: a controller board and a drive board. An optional AD-DYNO2-EBZ dynamometer can also be purchased through Avnet and is intended to be an extension of the drive system.
- Digital board for interfacing with the low and high voltage drive boards
- Compatible with all Xilinx FPGA platforms with FMC LPC or HPC connectors
- FMC signals voltage adaptation interface for seamless operation on all FMC voltage levels
- Fully isolated digital control and feedback signals
- Isolated Xilinx XADC interface
- 2 x Gbit Ethernet PHYs for high speed industrial communication, with 3rd party EtherCAT support
- Single ended Hall, Differential Hall, Encoder, Resolver interfaces
- Digital sensors interfaces
- BISS Interface
- Drives motors up to 48V @ 20A
- Drives 2 motors simultaneously
- High frequency drive stage implemented with ADI isolated gate drivers
- Supported motor types
Stepper (bipolar / unipolar)
- Integrated over current protection
- Reverse voltage protection
- Current and Voltage measurement using isolated ADCs
- BEMF zero cross detection for sensorless control of PMSM or BLDC motors
- Separate voltage supplies for the 2 motors so that the motors don't influence each other
Dynamometer System with Embedded Control
- Two BLDC motors connected by a rigid couple in a dyno setup, which can be used to test real-time motor control performance.
- One BLDC motor acts as an electronically adjustable load and is driven by the embedded control system. This motor can be directly connected to the FMC motor drive to get complex / active loads. The load can be driven also by the AD-FMCMOTCON2-EBZ to implement dynamic load profiles.
- The other BLDC motor is driven by the FMC motor drive.
- Measurement and display of load motor current
- Measurement and display of load motor speed
- External control using Analog Discovery and MathWorks Instrumentation Control Toolbox
Example reference designs showing how to use the platform with Xilinx® FPGAs or SoCs and high performance control algorithms from Mathworks® are provided together with the hardware. Information on the FMC board, and how to use it, the design package that surrounds it, and the software which can make it work, can be found by clicking the software link.
Power Reference Designs
ADP2301 Reference Design
4.5 V to 5.5 V for the input voltage. Single Inverting Output: -5 V
MS-2727: Optimizing Multiple Output Power Converters
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
- 9 week(s) ago in Power Management
- 10 week(s) ago in Power Management
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.