60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Features and Benefits
- 3000:1 True Color PWM™ Dimming for LEDs
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V
- Rail-to-Rail Current Sense Range: 0V to 80V
- Programmable PWM Dimming Signal Generator
- Constant Current (±3%) and Constant-Voltage (±2%) Regulation
- Analog Dimming
- Drives LEDs in Boost, SEPIC, Inverting, Buck Mode, Buck-Boost Mode, or Flyback Configuration
- Output Short-Circuit Protected Boost
- Open LED Protection and Reporting
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 100kHz to 1MHz
- Programmable VIN UVLO with Hysteresis
- C/10 Indication for Battery Chargers
- Low Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP Package
The LT3761A is a DC/DC controller designed to operate as a constant-current source and constant-voltage regulator. It features a programmable internal PWM dimming signal. The LT3761A is ideally suited for driving high current LEDs, but also has features to make it suitable for charging batteries and supercapacitors. The fixed frequency, current mode architecture results in stable operation over a wide range of supply and output voltages. A voltage feedback pin serves as the input for several LED protection features, and also makes it possible for the converter to operate as a constant-voltage source. A frequency adjust pin allows the user to program the frequency from 100kHz to 1MHz to optimize efficiency, performance or external component size.
The LT3761A senses output current at the high side or at the low side of the load. The PWM input can be configured to self-oscillate at fixed frequency with duty ratio programmable from 4% to 96%. The LT3761A offers improved accuracy of internal PWM dimming over LT3761. When driven by an external signal, the PWM input provides LED dimming ratios of up to 3000:1. The CTRL input provides additional analog dimming capability.
|LT3761A||Higher PWM Dimming Accuracy at Lower LED Current Levels|
|LT3761||Open LED Status Pin|
- High Voltage LED Strings >100V with Ground Referred Current Sense
- Grounded Anode LEDs
- Battery and SuperCap Chargers
- Accurate Current Limited Voltage Regulators
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LT3761A Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.