Features and Benefits
- Processed in Compliance with our certified MIL-PRF-38535 Class V Flow
- Wide Input Range: 1.2V to 23V
- Output Current: 2.8A
- Low Dropout Voltage: 310mV
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- 50μA Set Pin, ±2% Accurate to 200kRad TID
- Stable with 10μF Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Current Limit and Thermal Protection
- Easy to Parallel for Higher Current
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) Tolerance, per TM1019.8, MIL-STD-883 Up to:
- 200kRad (Si), per Condition A at 50Rads (Si)/sec
- 100kRad (Si), per Condition D at 10mRads (Si)/sec
- ELDRS Pass 100kRad (Si)
- Displacement Damage Defect (DDD) Tolerance
- Up to 1E12 Neutrons/cm2
- Single Event Latch+up (SEL) Threshold Linear Energy Transfer (LET)
- ≥ 110MeV.cm2/mg at TCASE = 100°C
The RH3083 is a 2.8A low dropout linear regulator with a unique architecture featuring a precision current source and voltage follower which allows the output to be programmed to any voltage between zero and 18V. Multiple regulators can be paralleled to increase total output current and spread heat over a system PC board with no need for heat sinking. The pass transistor collector can be brought out independently of the circuit supply voltage to allow dropout voltage to approach the saturation limit of the pass transistor. A small 10μF capacitor on the output with an ESR of less than 0.5Ω is adequate to ensure stability. Applications with large output load transients require a larger output capacitor value to minimize output voltage change. Input circuitry ensures output safe operating area current limiting and thermal shutdown protection. The rated output current of an RH3083-based part is fixed by internal wire length/resistance. Analog Devices dice element evaluations are based on parts rated for 2.8A output current.
Third Party Vendor Availability
Analog Devices partners with third party vendors who assemble and test packaged products with RH Dice inside.
For MSK prefix products please click on the Part Number in the table below and scroll down the linked page to find the part number.
|Part Number||Description||SCD or SMD#|
|MSK5983||2.8A Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||-|
|MSK5984||2.8A Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||-|
|MSK5985||2.8A Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||-|
|MSK5986||2.8A Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||-|
|VRG8669||2.5A Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||Pending|
|VRG8697||2.5A Dual Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||Pending|
|VRG8698||2.5A Dual Positive Adjustable LDO Regulator||Pending|
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Constant Voltage/Current Regulators
- Programmable Current Source/Sink
- Space System Power Supplies
- Switching Power Supply Post Regulators
- Very Low Voltage Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.