Features and Benefits
- MIL-PRF-38535 Class V Compliant Dice
- Outputs May be Paralleled for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Output Current: 0.9A
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- 1% Initial Accuracy of SET Pin Current
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 270mV at 0.5A load current
- <0.005%/V Line Regulation
- Minimum Load Current: 0.6mA
- Stable with 2.2μF Minimum Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Current Limit with Foldback and Overtemperature Protected
- Total Ionizing Dose (TID) Tolerance, per TM1019.8, MIL-STD-883:
- 200kRad (Si), per condition A at 50Rads(Si)/sec
- 100kRad (Si), per condition D at 10mRads(Si)/sec
- ELDRS Pass 100kRad(Si)
- Displacement Damage Defect (DDD) up to 1E12 Neutrons/cm2
- Single Event Latchup (SEL) Threshold Linear Energy Transfer (LET) ≥110MeV.cm2/mg at TCASE = 100°C
The RH3080 is a 0.9A low dropout linear regulator with a unique architecture featuring a precision current source and voltage follower which allows the output to be programmed to any voltage between zero and 36V. Multiple regulators can be paralleled to increase total output current and spread heat over a system PC board with no need for heat sinking. The pass transistor collector can be brought out independently of the circuit supply voltage to allow dropout voltage to approach the saturation limit of the pass transistor. A small 2.2μF capacitor on the output with an ESR of less than 0.5Ω is adequate to insure stability. Applications with large output load transients require a larger output capacitor value to minimize output voltage change. Input circuitry insures output safe operating area current limiting and thermal shutdown protection. The rated output current of an RH3080-based part is ﬁxed by internal wire length/resistance. Linear Technology dice element evaluations are based on parts rated for 0.9A output current.
Third Party Vendor Availability
Analog Devices partners with third party vendors who assemble and test packaged products with RH Dice inside.
For MSK prefix products please click on the Part Number in the table below and scroll down the linked page to find the part number.
|Part Number||Description||SCD or SMD#|
|MSK5979RH||0.9A Adjustable, LDO Regulator Split Bias||-|
|MSK5978RH||0.7A Adjustable, LDO Regulator, Split Bias||-|
|MSK5953RH||Dual 1A Adjustable LDO Regulator, Split Bias||-|
|MSK5980RH||0.7A Adjustable, LDO Regulator, Split Bias (Replaces MSK5978RH)||-|
|VRG8666||1A Adjustable LDO Regulator, Split Bias||View|
|VRG8667||Dual 1A Adjustable LDO Regulator, Split Bias||View|
|VRG8668||Dual 1A Adjustable LDO Regulator, Split Bias||View|
- High Efficiency Linear Regulators
- Constant Voltage/Current Regulators
- Programmable Current Source/Sink
- Space System Power Supplies
- Switching Power Supply Post Regulators
- Very Low Voltage Power Supplies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.