Features and Benefits
- 1.5V to 12V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 13V Absolute Maximum Rating
- 200μA Maximum No Load Supply Current at 5V
- Boost Pin (Pin 1) for Higher Switching Frequency
- 97% Minimum Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 95% Minimum Power Conversion Efficiency
- IS = 1.5μA with 5V Supply When OSC Pin = 0V or V+
- High Voltage Upgrade to ICL7660/LTC1044
The LTC1044A is a monolithic CMOS switched-capacitor voltage converter. It plugs in for ICL7660/LTC1044 in applications where higher input voltage (up to 12V) is needed. The LTC1044A provides several conversion functions without using inductors. The input voltage can be inverted (VOUT = –VIN), doubled (VOUT = 2VIN), divided (VOUT = VIN/2) or multiplied (VOUT = ±nVIN).
To optimize performance in specific applications, a boost function is available to raise the internal oscillator frequency by a factor of seven. Smaller external capacitors can be used in higher frequency operation to save board space. The internal oscillator can also be disabled to save power. The supply current drops to 1.5μA at 5V input when the OSC pin is tied to GND or V+.
- Conversion of 10V to ±10V Supplies
- Conversion of 5V to ±5V Supplies
- Precise Voltage Division: VOUT = VIN/2 ±20ppm
- Voltage Multiplication: VOUT = ±nVIN
- Supply Splitter: VOUT = ±VS/2
- Automotive Applications
- Battery Systems with 9V Wall Adapters/Chargers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC1044A Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.