Features and Benefits
- Plug-In Compatible with 7660 with These Additional Features:
- Guaranteed Operation to 9V, with No External Diode, Over Full Temperature Range
- Boost Pin (Pin 1) for Higher Switching Frequency
- Lower Quiescent Power
- Efficient Voltage Doubler
- 200µA Max. No Load Supply Current at 5V
- 97% Min. Open Circuit Voltage Conversion Efficiency
- 95% Min. Power Conversion Efficiency
- Wide Operating Supply Voltage Range, 1.5V to 9V
- Easy to Use
- Commercial Device Guaranteed Over -40°C to 85°C Temperature Range
The LTC1044 is a monolithic CMOS switched capacitor voltage converter which is manufactured using an enhanced LTCMOS™ silicon gate process. The LTC1044 provides several voltage conversion functions: the input voltage can be inverted (VOUT = –VIN), doubled (VOUT = 2VIN), divided (VOUT = VIN / 2) or multiplied (VOUT = ±nVIN).
Designed to be pin-for-pin and functionally compatible with the popular 7660, the LTC1044 provides significant features and improvements over earlier 7660 designs. These improvements include: full 1.5V to 9V supply operation over the entire operating temperature range, without the need for external protection diodes; 2½ times lower quiescent current for greater power conversion efficiency; and a "boost" function which is available to raise the internal oscillator frequency to optimize performance in specific applications.
Although the LTC1044 provides significant design and performance advantages over the earlier 7660 device, it still maintains its compatibility with existing 7660 designs.
- Conversion of +5V to ±5V Supplies
- Precise Voltage Division, VOUT = VIN / 2±20ppm
- Voltage Multiplication, VOUT = ±nVIN
- Supply Splitter, VOUT = ±VS / 2
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Application Notes (7)
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTC1044 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.