Features and Benefits
- 1500nA Input Quiescent Current (Output in Regulation – No Load, VIN = 18V)
- 830nA Input Quiescent Current in UVLO, VIN = 12V
- 14V to 20V Input Operating Range
- Integrated Low-Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier
- 16V UVLO Improves Power Utilization from High Voltage Current Limited Inputs
- Up to 100mA of Output Current
- High Efficiency Integrated Hysteretic Buck DC/DC
- Selectable Output Voltages: 3.45V, 4.1V, 4.5V, 5.0V
- Input Protective Shunt – Up to 25mA Pull-Down at VIN ≥ 20V
- Available in 10-Lead MSE and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC3588-2 integrates a low-loss full-wave bridge rectifier with a high efficiency buck converter to form a complete energy harvesting solution optimized for high output impedance energy sources such as piezoelectric, solar, or magnetic transducers.
An ultralow quiescent current undervoltage lockout (UVLO) mode with a 16V rising threshold enables efficient energy extraction from sources with high open circuit voltages. This energy is transferred from the input capacitor to the output via a high efficiency synchronous buck regulator. The 16V UVLO threshold also allows for input to output current multiplication through the buck regulator. The buck features a sleep state that minimizes both input and output quiescent currents while in regulation.
Four output voltages of 3.45V, 4.1V, 4.5V and 5.0V are pin selectable with up to 100mA of continuous output current, and suit Li-Ion and LiFePO4 batteries as well as supercapacitors. An input protective shunt set at 20V provides overvoltage protection.
|Output Voltage (Switcher)||UVLO||Quiescent Current|
|LTC3588-1||Selectable 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V or 3.6V||4.04V(Rising)
|950nA (No Load)
|LTC3588-2||Selectable 3.45V, 4.1V, 4.5V or 5V||16V(Rising)
|1,500nA (No Load)
- Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting
- Electro-Mechanical Energy Harvesting
- Low Power Battery Charging
- Wireless HVAC Sensors
- Mobile Asset Tracking
- Tire Pressure Sensors
- Battery Replacement for Industrial Sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.