Features and Benefits
- Measures Up to 18 Battery Cells in Series
- 2.2mV Maximum Total Measurement Error
- Stackable Architecture Supports 100s of Cells
- Built-In isoSPI™ Interface
- 1Mb Isolated Serial Communications
- Uses a Single Twisted Pair, Up to 100 Meters
- Low EMI Susceptibility and Emissions
- Bidirectional for Broken Wire Protection
- 290μs to Measure All Cells in a System
- Synchronized Voltage and Current Measurement
- 16-Bit Delta-Sigma ADC with Programmable 3rd Order Noise Filter
- Engineered for ISO 26262-Compliant Systems
- Passive Cell Balancing Up to 200mA (Max) with Programmable Pulse‑Width Modulation
- 9 General Purpose Digital I/O or Analog Inputs
- Temperature or Other Sensor Inputs
- Configurable as an I2C or SPI Master
- 6μA Sleep Mode Supply Current
- 64-Lead eLQFP Package
The LTC6813-1 is a multicell battery stack monitor that measures up to 18 series connected battery cells with a total measurement error of less than 2.2mV. The cell measurement range of 0V to 5V makes the LTC6813-1 suitable for most battery chemistries. All 18 cells can be measured in 290μs, and lower data acquisition rates can be selected for high noise reduction.
Multiple LTC6813-1 devices can be connected in series, permitting simultaneous cell monitoring of long, high voltage battery strings. Each LTC6813-1 has an isoSPI interface for high speed, RF immune, long distance communications. Multiple devices are connected in a daisy chain with one host processor connection for all devices. This daisy chain can be operated bidirectionally, ensuring communication integrity, even in the event of a fault along the communication path.
The LTC6813-1 can be powered directly from the battery stack or from an isolated supply. The LTC6813-1 includes passive balancing for each cell, with individual PWM duty cycle control for each cell. Other features include an on-board 5V regulator, nine general purpose I/O lines and a sleep mode, where current consumption is reduced to 6μA.
- Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Backup Battery Systems
- Grid Energy Storage
- High Power Portable Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
DC2350A-B is a multicell battery stack monitor demonstration circuit featuring the LTC6813-1, an 18-cell monitor. Multiple boards can be linked through a 2-wire isolated serial interface (isoSPI) to monitor any number of cells in a stack. The demo circuit also features reversible isoSPI enabling a fully redundant communication path.
LTC6813-1 Companion Parts
Recommended Related Parts
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.