Features and Benefits
- 60ps Rise and Fall Times, 10ps Deterministic Jitter
- 155Mbps to 3.2Gbps Laser Diode Driver for VCSELs*
- Eye Diagram is Stable and Consistent Across Modulation Range and Temperature
- 1mA to 12mA Modulation Current
- Easy Board Layout, Laser can be Remotely Located if Desired
- No Input Matching or AC Coupling Components Needed
- On-Chip ADC for Monitoring Critical Parameters
- Digital Setup and Control with I2C™ Serial Interface
- Emulation and Set-Up Software Available**
- Operates Standalone or with a Microprocessor
- On-Chip DACs Eliminate External Potentiometers
- Constant Current or Automatic Power Control
- First and Second Order Temperature Compensation
- On-Chip Temperature Sensor
- Extensive Eye Safety Features
- Single 3.3V Supply
- 4mm × 4mm QFN Package
The LTC5100 is a 3.2Gbps VCSEL driver offering an unprecedented level of integration and high speed performance. The part incorporates a full range of features to ensure consistently outstanding eye diagrams. The data inputs are AC coupled, eliminating the need for external capacitors. The LTC5100 has a precisely controlled 50Ω output that is DC coupled to the laser, allowing arbitrary placement of the IC. No coupling capacitors, ferrite beads or external transistors are needed, simplifying layout, reducing board area and the risk of signal corruption. The unique output stage of the LTC5100 confines the modulation current to the ground system, isolating the high speed signal from the power supply to minimize RFI.
The LTC5100 supports fully automated production with its extensive monitoring and control features. Integrated 10-bit DACs eliminate the need for external potentiometers. An onboard 10-bit ADC provides the laser current and voltage, as well as monitor diode current and temperature. Status information is available from the I2C serial interface for feedback and statistical process control.
An internal digital controller compensates laser temperature drift and provides extensive laser safety features.
- Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel Transceivers
- SFF and SFP Transceiver Modules
- Proprietary Fiber Optic Links
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.