Features and Benefits
- Complete supervisory and sequencing solution for up to 8 supplies
- 16 event deep black box nonvolatile fault recording
- 8 supply fault detectors enable supervision of supplies to: < 0.5% accuracy at all voltages at 25°C; < 1.0% accuracy across all voltages and temperatures
- 4 selectable input attenuators allow supervision of supplies to: 14.4 V on VH; 6 V on VP1 to VP3 (VPx)
- 4 dual-function inputs, VX1 to VX4 (VXx): High impedance input to supply fault detector with thresholds between 0.573 V and 1.375 V; General-purpose logic input
- 8 programmable driver outputs, PDO1 to PDO8 (PDOx)
- Sequencing engine (SE) implements state machine control of PDO outputs: conditional on input events; Power-up and power-down sequence control; Fault event handling; Interrupt on warnings; Watchdog can be integrated in SE; software control through SMBus
- Complete voltage margining solution for 4 voltage rails
- 4 voltage output 8-bit DACs (0.300 V to 1.551 V) allow voltage adjustment via dc-to-dc converter trim/feedback node
- 12-bit ADC for readback of all supervised voltages Reference input (REFIN) has 2 input options: Driven directly from 2.048 V (±0.25%) REFOUT pin; More accurate external reference for improved ADC performance
- Device powered by the highest of VPx, VH for improved redundancy
- User EEPROM: 256 bytes
- Industry-standard 2-wire bus interface (SMBus)
- Guaranteed PDO low with VH, VPx = 1.2 V
The ADM1169 Super Sequencer® is a configurable supervisory/ sequencing device that offers a single-chip solution for supply monitoring and sequencing in multiple supply systems. In addition to these functions, the ADM1169 integrates a 12-bit ADC and four 8-bit voltage output DACs. These circuits can be used to implement a closed-loop margining system that enables supply adjustment by altering either the feedback node or reference of a dc-to-dc converter using the DAC outputs.
Supply margining can be performed with a minimum of external components. The margining loop can be used for in-circuit testing of a board during production (for example, to verify board functionality at -5% of nominal supplies), or it can be used dynamically to accurately control the output voltage of a dc-to-dc converter.
The device also provides up to eight programmable inputs for monitoring undervoltage faults, overvoltage faults, or out-ofwindow faults on up to eight supplies. In addition, there are eight programmable outputs that can be used as logic enables. Six of these programmable outputs can also provide up to a 12 V output for driving the gate of an N-FET that can be placed in the path of a supply.
The logical core of the device is a sequencing engine (SE). This state machine-based construction provides up to 63 different states. This design enables very flexible sequencing of the outputs, based on the condition of the inputs.
A block of nonvolatile EEPROM is available that can be used to store user-defined information and may also be used to hold a number of fault records that are written by the sequencing engine defined by the user when a particular fault or sequence occurs.
The ADM1169 is controlled via configuration data that can be programmed into an EEPROM. The entire configuration can be programmed using an intuitive GUI-based software package provided by Analog Devices, Inc.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Application Notes (13)
User Guides (2)
Software & Systems Requirements
SuperSequencer Software (Rev. 4.2.3 )
ADMxxxx Common Run-Time
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.