Features and Benefits
- Adjustable Power On/Off Timers
- Low Supply Current: 6μA
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 2.7V to 26.4V
- Low Leakage EN Output (LTC2954-1) Allows DC/DC Converter Control
- High Voltage EN Output (LTC2954-2) Allows Circuit Breaker Control
- Simple Interface Allows Graceful μP Shutdown
- High Input Voltage PB Pin with Internal Pull-Up Resistor
- ±10kV ESD HBM on PB Input
- Accurate 0.6V Threshold on KILL Comparator Input
- 8-Pin 3mm × 2mm DFN and ThinSOT™ Packages
The LTC2954 is a pushbutton on/off controller that manages system power via a pushbutton interface. An enable output toggles system power while an interrupt output provides debounced pushbutton status. The interrupt output can be used in menu driven applications to request a system power-down. A power kill input allows a microprocessor or system to reset the enable output, effectively powering down the system. Independently adjustable on and off timers allow dependable pushbutton control of the enable output and resistance to accidental toggling of system power.
The LTC2954 operates over a wide 2.7V to 26.4V input voltage range to accommodate a wide variety of input power supplies. Very low quiescent current (6μA typical) makes the LTC2954 ideally suited for battery powered applications. Two versions of the part are available to accommodate either positive or negative enable polarities.
- Pushbutton PowerPath™ Control
- Portable Instrumentation Meters
- Blade Servers
- Portable Customer Service PDA
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.