Features and Benefits
- Allows Safe Board Insertion and Removal from a Live Backplane
- Adjustable Analog Current Limit with Circuit Breaker
- Fast Response Limits Peak Fault Current
- Automatic Retry or Latch Off On Current Fault
- Adjustable Supply Voltage Power-Up Rate
- High Side Drive for External FET Switch
- Controls Supply Voltages from 2.7V to 16.5V
- In-Built Under-voltage Lockout
- Adjustable Over-voltage Protection
- Low profile (1mm) TSOT Package
- Pin for Pin Compatible with LTC4210-1 and LTC4210-2
The ADM4210 is a 6-pin TSOT Hot Swap controller that allows a board to be safely inserted and removed from a live backplane.
An internal charge pumped driver controls the GATE of an external high side N-channel FET for a supply voltage ranging from 2.7V to 16.5V. The ADM4210 provides the initial timing cycle and allows the GATE to be ramped up at a capacitor adjustable rate.
The ADM4210 features a fast current limit loop providing active current limiting together with a circuit breaker timer. The signal at the ON pin turns the part on and off and a low on the pin will reset the device.
This part is available in two options: the ADM4210-1 will automatically retry after an over-current fault and the ADM4210-2 will latch off after an over-current fault.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.