Features and Benefits
- Allows safe board insertion and removal from a live -48V backplane
- Operates from a typical -36V to -80V
- Tolerates transients up to -200V (limited by external components)
- Accurate programmable linear current limit for inrush control
- Programmable time-out in current limit
- Auto-restart after current limit time-out
- Shutdown after 7 consecutive auto-restarts
- Default timing provided with no osc cap
- Single pin under/overvoltage detection
- Programmable under/overvoltage time filter
- Small 6-pin SOT-23 package
- See datasheet for additional information
The ADM1070 -48 V hot swap controller is designed for central office applications. The space-saving SOT-23 package occupies just 25% of the board area of an 8 pin SOIC solution. The device utilizes a linear current control method and protects the supply from in-rush currents (board insertion) and short circuits (board failure). The ADM1070 also provides protection during voltage steps associated with card re-seating. It current limits under all conditions.
- Central Office Switching
- -48 V Distributed Power Systems
- Negative Power Supply Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.