Features and Benefits
- Sequence, Trim, Margin and Supervise Two Power Supplies
- Manage Faults, Monitor Telemetry
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Supported by LTpowerPlay® GUI
- Margin or Trim Supplies to Within 0.25% of Target
- Monitor Input Current (±1%) and Accumulate Energy
- Fast OV/UV Supervisors per Channel
- Coordinate Sequencing and Fault Management Across Multiple ADI PSM Devices
- Automatic Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Operate Autonomously Without Additional Software
- Configurable Power Good Output Pins
- Accurate Monitoring of Output Voltage, Output Current, Temperature, and Input Voltage and Current
- 1.8V to 3.3V I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- Connect Directly to Regulator IMON Pins
- Can Be Powered from 3.3V, or 4.5V to 15V
- Available in 44-Pin 6mm × 7mm QFN Package
The LTC2972 is a 2-channel Power System Manager used to sequence, trim (servo), margin, supervise, manage faults, provide telemetry and create fault logs. PMBus commands support power supply sequencing, precision point-of-load voltage adjustment and margining. DACs use a proprietary soft-connect algorithm to minimize supply disturbances. Supervisory functions include over and under voltage and temperature threshold limits for two power supply output channels as well as over and under voltage threshold limits for a single power supply input channel. Programmable fault responses can disable the power supplies with optional retry after a fault is detected. Faults that disable a power supply can automatically trigger black box EEPROM storage of fault status and associated telemetry. An internal 16-bit ADC monitors two output voltages, two output currents, two external temperatures, input voltage and current, and die temperature. Input power, energy, and output power are also calculated. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the microprocessor if necessary. A single wire bus synchronizes power supplies across multiple ADI Power System Management (PSM) devices. Configuration EEPROM with ECC supports autonomous operation without additional software.
- Computers and Network Servers
- Industrial Test and Measurement
- High Reliability Systems
- Video and Medical Imaging
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selector Card (2)
Press Release (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.